aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Disputes, debate and discussion are surely the very reasons for having message boards in the first place. Reading them is great.

It makes good reading but to be honest, I don't know why Jonny Lucifer bothers. God knows what he's trying to get out of his constant nit-picking that I'm pretty sure doesn't particularly bother MMW. I'd rather be interested in my own band than the goings-on of someone elses.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
It makes good reading but to be honest' date=' I don't know why Jonny Lucifer bothers. God knows what he's trying to get out of his constant nit-picking that I'm pretty sure doesn't particularly bother MMW. I'd rather be interested in my own band than the goings-on of someone elses.[/quote']

Nail on head...

It'd pathetic, we really cant be assed with his shit anymore...And now it seems that he's getting all caught up in his own arrogance and self-importance along with the constant digs at us. Maybe he's just jealous. Shit Happens.

It makes good reading but to be honest' date=' I don't know why Jonny Lucifer bothers. God knows what he's trying to get out of his constant nit-picking that I'm pretty sure doesn't particularly bother MMW. I'd rather be interested in my own band than the goings-on of someone elses.[/quote']

Believe me I am, but we'll see how much MMw don't care what I say when Ben arrives at work tommorow morning eh? ;)

I have nothing against the music of MMW, it's certainly not the genus of rock I subscribe to, and I don't think it's half as ground-breaking-passionate-intense as they seem to think it is, but I think they'll develop into something a lot better over the course of the next few EPs or whatever (I think the same of any relatively new band).

I do however, like to have pops at whatever is popular at the time, and always have done, just because it winds people up, usually the kind of people who are ALWAYS into whatever's popular at the moment. MMW are just a particularly easy sacred cow at the moment, and Ben and Jamsey often set themselves up for so much I just can't resist. The 'rivalry' or whatever only started after Jamsey made it personal a coupl'a months ago. And lets face it, statements like 'This is what it sounds like when music is your life' are pretty easy to pick massive holes in, if the band can't accept it when someone disagrees with something like that they shouldn't say it in the first place!

Guest Stripey

of course it's healthy for there to be a bit of competitve atmosphere, but it shouldn't turn personal unless there is a really good reason.

It's better to say "sorry but personally I think your material is shit" rather than be all sychophantic and lie to people. You are doing musicians a disservice if you lie to their face in order to avoid hurting their pride, end the end result is a scene full of puffed up egos who think they are the shit because nobody has the guts to tell them to tighten their fucking act up.

honesty is the best policy, for all of us, when it comes to music.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I said I thought you were talentless, a personal, honest opinion. But y'know, twist it on it's head once more.

Night

Guest stuartmaxwell
of course it's healthy for there to be a bit of competitve atmosphere' date=' but it shouldn't turn personal unless there is a really good reason.

It's better to say "sorry but personally I think your material is shit" rather than be all sychophantic and lie to people. You are doing musicians a disservice if you lie to their face in order to avoid hurting their pride, end the end result is a scene full of puffed up egos who think they are the shit because nobody has the guts to tell them to tighten their fucking act up.

honesty is the best policy, for all of us, when it comes to music.[/quote']

totally agree, thats what i do, it wins me many enemies but hey, i can sleep at ease :up:

Guest Stripey
totally agree' date=' thats what i do, it wins me many enemies but hey, i can sleep at ease :up:[/quote']

It's true, and I should add, that as a musician, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HANDLE CRITICISM without throwing a hissy fit and taking it personally.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
And my response was something like: "You have no right to call anyone talentless' date=' because you can barely hold a guitar, and Dan probably tunes up for you."[/quote']

But then surely that can be easily written of as childish banter...

"If you think I'm shite, then you're shite as well.."

And you're response was throwing a hissy fit in Moshulu, swiftly followed by stomping of in outrage and some chunk-blowing in the toilets...

But hey, whatever..

Guest Stripey

Oh yeah, and if you are gonna criticise somones work, it as actually possible to do it in a tactful, rather than spiteful manner.

Guest highroller

chris...ive seen it all this weekend anyway as i have been online alot of it...

its cool..you are helping the cd sales id imagine...all press is good press.

we are talked about this much, awesome is what i say...people will be curious about this MMW band...cheers bud!

Now now.... drag. That sounds like the last Real Shocks gig.

I recall Betamax looking like a "terror faggot" - that's not my quote.

I have yet to see Radio Lucifer, so can't pass comment on them (for the record, I am intending on going to see them).

MMW- Were much better than I thought they'd be... they seemed to have improved from the recordings I heard.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Now now.... drag. That sounds like the last Real Shocks gig.

I recall Betamax looking like a "terror faggot" - that's not my quote.

I have yet to see Radio Lucifer' date=' so can't pass comment on them (for the record, I am intending on going to see them).

MMW- Were much better than I thought they'd be... they seemed to have improved from the recordings I heard.[/quote']

ho ho ho, terror faggott, i like it

aint seen lucifer either, i doubt itll be my thing, but i aint ruling it out, it could be comdey more than anything else

as for mmw they have improved a lot on cd, last time i heard em was fudge in moshulu, where i thought they were good, heard their show is better now

Guest highroller

to be honest...ive had enough...in a way its nice being one of the more "talked about" bands for whatever reason but outside these city limits really...it dont mean dick!

the thing is, if mr Lucifer has all this great shit going on with his band (which i think is awesome) then why does it come accross as jealous, envious attacks? I mean, thats how it reads to me mate...its gone from playful to pretty nasty...i mean the whole post about the flyers was really really useless...I mean you even upset Dan a little (thats not easy) just cos he has always supported you etc and he puts alot into this band...I know you may view this as Jamesy's band (which is cool as he strted it and named it and works hard for it) but Dan has sunk ALOT of time, money, effort and creativity and is as much a part of it as anyone. When you attack a band's bio or stance you attack everyone in that band (unless they are "hired hands") which isnt the case here.

Dude. Really. Why? From all the fucking chuckleheads on here that cant get a girlfriend let alone a decent, good band with prospects (like RL and MMw) i expect that shit...but from you its just a little more...yeah hurtful i guess. You and Jamesy can insult each other all you like but can you please leave the band out of it...we just would like to exist now and get on. We seem to be getting pretty well liked and i had one person say "my minds weapon have restored my faith in local gigs" which was so so nice...Im sure you get similar stuff. Cool. Cant we just try and either help each other out or just stay the hell out of each others band business?

Im not trying to be all moral high ground here (we know my history) but i dont believe ive ever gone on a bands forum and ripped the piss out their Bio...It really does come accross as jealous...and like I said...why should you be...Some of the stuff you guys are doing is awesome...well done...i dont understand...

Jamesy, Johnny Lucifer/Chris etc..., Ben Quik / Weapon

They all come across as opinionated tossers on message boards..

As long as I can remember people have always said this.

In reality they are three of the nicest people that you could wish to meet.

They are all passionate about things they belief in although doing occasionally set them selves up for an arguement/fall etc too easily...

Aberdeen has a better scene when people agree to disagree and just work together. Infighting gets you nowhere and it makes you look unprofessional.

This whole thread isn`t even worth the time and effort to read it.