aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

the debate rages on between sweat rock band radio lucifer and local talk rockers mmw

Well done Lucifer...you walk into posts...lay a wasps nest, and wait for some fucker to kick it open...then you walk out again and no-one picks up that its you that does it...you sir are a tyrant....a shit stirring, trouble making menace.... ben "highroller" quik

once you have finished laughing i offer a question

does the music scene really need this in-fighting??

personally i think it does, i reckon it makes people work harder, imagine a scene with no bitching, it would be crap

discuss

Guest stuartmaxwell
In fighting? I think that just refers to people who take the happenings of the online circuit too seriously. But you know me' date=' eh Stu?

I've never taken any heed of what Ben Quik says anyway.[/quote']

i dont really pay attention to his girly ramblings either, but his band seemed to have improved a helluva lot

but i can see a boxing match on the horizon between lucifer and ben/jamesy, as "music is their life" or whatever it was, they do take it rather seriously y'know

a ring on the stage at drakes and leave assorted weapons (arf!) at the side, more blood than a karloff gig :gringo:

"celebrity" deathmatch indeed

vomitus could play too

hmmm musical talents-boxing promoter :ding:

Guest WalkingOnGlass

The question at hand, my friends, is this...

Is Stuart Maxwell trying to stir the pot?

It's just pointless ramblings as per. I'd prefer not to concern myself with any of the 'scene' goings on in Aberdeen, my aims are a tad higher, I don't see why I still get mentioned or dragged into all this anyway, I haven't been involved in any of the band 'arguments' on Ab-Music for a long time, I had one argument with Lucifer, which was unrelated to MMw, and it's been left at that. But, to keep you happy, I think he's a shit-stirring loser trying to play off our online 'popularity' to add to his own profile/ego. That is all.

P.S. Was he really serious with the batman mask fiasco? I mean, it was an improvement'n'all but still...

P.S.S. When Ben and Chris meet the talk like old friends anyways, they went to school together'n'all...

I dont think anyone on here realises that ab-music and aubletc are only a quarter of "The Scene", IF EVEN THAT!! There are far better local bands than the bands that come on here and make thread after thread dissing other bands and moaning and whatever else.

The conclusion here lady's, gents...BROADEN OUR HORIZONS!

does the music scene really need this in-fighting??

I remember reading that although the Beatles and Stones were rivals' date=' they still enjoyed each others music and members of both bands helped out the other band at times.

Isn't that nice? I mean, I assume both bands have the same aspirations of producing good music and entertaing and stimulating people, so why should any band create a hinderance for another. The only motives I can think of are jealousy and childish competion.

I think healthy rivarlry is great, but I don't care if [x'] is in a shock 'n roll garage punk frenzy band, [y] is in a post-emotional popcore nurock band and [z] is in a band creating post new-wave synth soundscapes with angular overtones, the main shizzy is that all three are in (currently) local rock bands and I can't understand why it would hurt any of them to help each other constructively.

In fighting is for nursey children and Big Brother contestants.

Guest stuartmaxwell
The question at hand' date=' my friends, is this...

[/quote']

without a doubt :rolleyes::up:

I'd prefer not to concern myself with any of the 'scene' goings on in Aberdeen' date='

[/quote']

Cough-cough-cough. Bullshit.

P.S. Was he really serious with the batman mask fiasco? I mean, it was an improvement'n'all but still...

I wouldn't you expect you to understand y'see. Showmanship an' all.....

(which incidentally, you CAN'T learn from a Drive-Thru 'Beer Buddy' DVD kids!)

Well I personaly have met one member of each band........

Johnny Lucifer- Is a fine, honest guy who really cares about the local scene. Cracking chap!

Dan MMW- Pleasant gentleman, I would take him home to meet the parents type of guy! :up:

My conclusion- You all know that Spike Pile Driver are the best looking and most popular band in Aberdeen :laughing:

P.S. Was he really serious with the batman mask fiasco? I mean, it was an improvement'n'all but still...[/quote']

i thought it was kool...well in the piccy i saw since i wasnt actually there because something always comes up when i try and see Radio Lucifer...its like fate...or something....whch is annoying

Theres nothing better than a bit of banter, it keeps competition healthy and makes band work hardeer, the scene wouldnt be alive without it!

Verbal ping pong is the best thing that can ever happen to AUBL coz it would be shite without it, cummon, all of you guys have at least bitched once on this boards, its part of being human.

I have no rifts with johnny or ben or cammie or whoever coz there has been no reason too, who do you think has a good dose of the verbal dihorrea?

adam :swearing:

I think I'm now sober enough to completely disect this (with hilarious consequences!)

[/quote']

Yes, Maxi rules.

It's just pointless ramblings as per. I'd prefer not to concern myself with any of the 'scene' goings on in Aberdeen, my aims are a tad higher, I don't see why I still get mentioned or dragged into all this anyway, I haven't been involved in any of the band 'arguments' on Ab-Music for a long time,

I think anyone can see that that's just a bunch of flat out lies. If it was true, why do I hear nothing but the faux-manufactured hype that your band surround themselves in? I can't think of a band more 'scene' than MMW.

But, to keep you happy, I think he's a shit-stirring loser trying to play off our online 'popularity' to add to his own profile/ego. That is all.

Deary me, a pissing contest is what you want then? Yes Jamsey, it makes you feel a lot better about yourself to consider me a 'loser' doesn't it? I'm such a loser that my band has only played three gigs (and never less to 100-odd people); two of which were with some of the most respected musicians in the industry (irrespective of your petty stereotyping genre-shit); we're touring round the UK for a week and a half in September and going to America and Canada next year to play a month's worth of shows. What are MMW doing? Playing Perth with Slapphappy y'say? Well Jamsey, music is *your life* after all, how could I compete?

You can borrow it if you want, but I don't know if it'll go over your gnarly boglin head....

:bat:

Verbal ping pong is the best thing that can ever happen to AUBL coz it would be shite without it' date=' cummon, all of you guys have at least bitched once on this boards, its part of being human.

[/quote']

Exactly, and no one is really willing to rock the boat anymore, 'cept Stripey.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Oh' date=' I forgot, we're also playing with ZEKE and REO SPEEDEALER pretty soon too....[/quote']

ZEKE?! Where and When you guys playing with them?