aberdeen-music

New Killswitch Engage Song

Laino86

I would like to be into killswitch but to be honest it's dull, uninspiring shite.

I'm going to sound like I'm trapped in time but where are the exciting fresh metal bands these days? The buzz around fear factory, sepultura, pantera was massive! This is taking the piss.

The last decent metal band I heard was scarve.

Lets be honest though, it was only a matter of time before the backlash from the sort of people who follow fads occurred. I'm surprised that it didn't happen on the last album in all honesty. It's not cool to like metalcore any more so why would the fair weather fans like the new album?

I think Killswitch are consistently good and out of modern metalcore there aren't that many bands that come close to them.

Yes, the video for the single is shit (I'm not sure i've ever seen a good Metallica video or metal video at all) and they're hardly groundbreaking these days, but the song is certainly not shit and the rest of the album is pretty damn good as well.

New album is baaaaaaaaaallllllls. This is not a "backlash", this is a once great band turing to completely mediocre dogshit. TBH they actually haven't been that good since "Alive...." but I kept hoping they'd pick it up.

Hog - decent new metal is pretty scarce IMHO also (although I too am old) - but I do like Suicide Silence, Skeletonwitch, Amon Amarth and Municpal Waste. New Lamb of God is ace too.

New album is baaaaaaaaaallllllls. This is not a "backlash", this is a once great band turing to completely mediocre dogshit. TBH they actually haven't been that good since "Alive...." but I kept hoping they'd pick it up.

Hog - decent new metal is pretty scarce IMHO also (although I too am old) - but I do like Suicide Silence, Skeletonwitch, Amon Amarth and Municpal Waste. New Lamb of God is ace too.

New LOG is awesome. Also the latest Gojira is pretty damn good.

• 3 weeks later...