aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Guest idol_wild
Why are clothes shops suddenly full of quilted jackets that look like the ones we used to get offshore to wear under boilersuits to keep us cosy?

Oil industry fashion. Hardhats with marker pen applied names next stop.

And oversized safety glasses. Oh wait, hipsters are wearing those already.

I'm sure someone asked this on Soccer AM years ago, and they said it's due to the whole squad being separated into smaller teams, i.e. Keepers, attacking players, defensive players etc... So, a rough estimated example would be GK's occupy 1-3, defenders/defensive mids 4-14, wingers 15-20, attackers/strikers 20 and beyond. That seemed to be consistent a few years ago, but now players seem to wear different numbers everytime. Unless the way players are divided up into different factions has become a little more complicated than just the position they play...?

Or perhaps Soccer AM were babbling nonsense, which is very possible. Soccer AM is stupid.

Another football one:

When a player is fouled badly, but advantage is played, the next time the ball goes out of play, the player will be carded. How come this rule isn't applied for intentional handball when a goal is scored? In the World Cup when Suarez palmed the ball off the line, he was sent off. In the Real Madrid/Deportivo game tonight, Deportivo just nodded in a consolation goal, but before the ball went in, Marcelo tried to save the ball with his hand, but he palmed it into the goal. Obviously advantage was played, because the ball went in and the goal stood, but intentional handball was still committed. It's usually a straight red for preventing a goal scoring opportunity, but intentional handball usually still sees a yellow card. Surely he should have been carded in some way or another for it?

Why do footballers always wear random squad numbers on their training gear but always wear the same one when playing?

A lot of clubs, I believe, operate a 'club number' in addition to the squad numbering system.

So their 'club number' relates to all things internal - training gear, boots, payslips, etc.; while their squad number is only really for the back of their shirts.

I'm going to dip my baws in all your mouths.

Bigsby, I have, to my knowledge, never ever met you, and therefore if you add me, I'll most likely have no fucking clue who you are and you'll get a reputation of being a bit of a John W. Your call, playa.

Yup, never met. And yet Facebook thinks we should be friends. Do you really want to fuck with Facebook?

• 2 weeks later...

How how harmful is it to swallow mouthwash on a regular basis? Someone at work has been advised to use mouthwash by his dentist, so the past 2 weeks, he's been swigging it, and then swallowing it. He's almost through a whole bottle. He insists it's fine. Will he be fine, or will he shit out his own liver?

How how harmful is it to swallow mouthwash on a regular basis? Someone at work has been advised to use mouthwash by his dentist, so the past 2 weeks, he's been swigging it, and then swallowing it. He's almost through a whole bottle. He insists it's fine. Will he be fine, or will he shit out his own liver?

Either that or he'll shit out his own teeth.........