aberdeen-music

cubase sx 2 vs nuendo 2

Guest lime ruined my life

Guest Stripey
how about you actually go learn what the sampling theorem is before you talk about it. make it your hobby.

Why don't you go and learn what it is, instead of fishing for an argument?

the signal chain

you could argue till christmas about digital resolution but increasing the sample rate can increase the chance of data errors which results in reverb sounds becoming unsmooth

(aliasing & quantisation errors).

analogue recording doesnt have this problem as effectively it has an infinite sample rate( the true sound)

increasing the sample rate basically allows more steps to replicate the analogue signal but allows easy data storage. 96khz will use more space than 44.1 or 48khz sampling but you will struggle to hear the difference.

i believe in analogue for recording and digital for processing, that way you can cut out what you want and keep what you like.

:bat:

Guest Stripey
Logic' date=' Logic and Logic[/quote']

I like FLStudio personally...sometimes use cubase SX ti do final arrangements and mixdowns...logic gives me hideous midi latency problems.The matrix editor in SX is really irritating aswell, which puts me off using it.

cubase sx 2 (or nuendo 2.2 ;)) running fl studio as slave for drums, and kontakt as a sampler. waves c4 multiband compressor, TL Audio's EQ-1 and Sonic Foundry's Noise Reduction 2.

gas!!!

by the time it takes to double click nuendo 2.2? and open fl and kontakt by clicking on them from a sub menu? and selecting good plug ins as aposed to stock ones?