aberdeen-music

Chav metal?

Scootray

Again I dont think they would care what you think. I like it, not just music wise. Narrowmindedness comes to mind from people in this thread, elitist one trick pony scum haha!

It doesnt surprise me you like it man, nice and simple music wise, nothing too hard to get your mind round, just some (very) mindless 'fun' and an excuse for them to parade their egos and pretend its 'art', but by saying we're narrowminded for not liking it, it only makes you sound like more of a tool.

Should everybody like all types of music, would that suit you?

Would it also suit you if nobody ever voiced an opinion about a band that you like becauseyouve decided their good?

If you believe the band is an abomination to music then discuss away

oh thats ok, im ALLOWED now am i?

get a grip, you dont need to defend this band if our opinions mean so little

It doesnt surprise me you like it man, nice and simple music wise, nothing too hard to get your mind round, just some (very) mindless 'fun' and an excuse for them to parade their egos and pretend its 'art', but by saying we're narrowminded for not liking it, it only makes you sound like more of a tool.

Should everybody like all types of music, would that suit you?

Would it also suit you if nobody ever voiced an opinion about a band that you like becauseyouve decided their good?

oh thats ok, im ALLOWED now am i?

get a grip, you dont need to defend this band if our opinions mean so little

I think your taking things a tad too personal and who wouldn't when all you listen to is death metal and if theres no incite to gore and male castration its not your thing. I didn't mean your narrowmiinded if you don't like this band I just thought comments on what they wear is hardly a factor anymore in music today or ever for that fact. Again this is a thread whch turned into a hardcore bashing thread. Sometimes the simplist of things come out better for a song rather than complexity, it's a breather sometimes to have structure made simple. I'm not exactly ecstatic about the band and going to rush out and buy a cd, but I listened to it and thought it wasn't bad. I'd certainly go check out what else they had to offer and broaden my scope.

When did I say it was art? And I'm a tool am I for liking something you don't?

Would it suit me if everyone liked all types of music? Hmmm tough one that, perhaps people should appreciate other forms of music and what others do a tad more rather than always be negative. Certainly achieved a lot in the time they have been together though wouldn't you say?

If the person who posted this thread would have put an mp3 rather than a link to a music video, I think this discussion would be much different. They are being critisized cause they are wearing polo shirts? I'm sure you don't chill out when listening to music thinking of what the band wears? Unless you listen to Cradle of Filth or Dimmu?....

who wouldn't when all you listen to is death metal and if theres no incite to gore and male castration its not your thing

lol yeah so i ONLY listen to death, thats why Cranial is so straight up brutal death, oh wait it isnt, i think youl find i like lots of different stuff, stuff that isnt even remotely death metal/guitar related, funny thing is it usually needs a bit more thought than,'ill chug that e chord while you shout about being the best at everything'.

comments on what they wear is hardly a factor anymore

i also said nothing about what their wearing at all, mainly objecting to the absolute garbage that they have for lyrics and music.

When did I say it was art?

All music is art whether you say it is or not, music is a form of art.

And I'm a tool am I for liking something you don't?

no your a tool for not accepting our opinions without seeing it as an attack on 'hardcore' (whatever that may be).....

lol yeah so i ONLY listen to death, thats why Cranial is so straight up brutal death, oh wait it isnt, i think youl find i like lots of different stuff, stuff that isnt even remotely death metal/guitar related, funny thing is it usually needs a bit more thought than,'ill chug that e chord while you shout about being the best at everything'.

i also said nothing about what their wearing at all, mainly objecting to the absolute garbage that they have for lyrics and music.

All music is art whether you say it is or not, music is a form of art.

no your a tool for not accepting our opinions without seeing it as an attack on 'hardcore' (whatever that may be).....

All I will say is lol. Taking things out the box once again. Music is art, didn't say it wasn't. I asked when did I say the tune in question is art? In response to your previous post. On a musical scale in terms of art its not the best. It's just a tune at the end of the day and as stated a simple one. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no one said otherwise. And why bring up your band in this, or the need to defend it rofl.

Am I missing something?

Watching it without music is laughable, listening to it without the video albeit anything else they have to offer reminds me of just old skool hardcore just too many singers :down:

Ror, you amaze me with your way of twisting things, you may think i was 'defending' my band but i was merely responding to your comment of how i ONLY like death, all i have done is stated my opinion of the band being discussed and responded to what you said.

Make up new arguments if you will, but i cant be fucked wastin my time with it,

thankyou and goodnight.

Ror, you amaze me with your way of twisting things, you may think i was 'defending' my band but i was merely responding to your comment of how i ONLY like death, all i have done is stated my opinion of the band being discussed and responded to what you said.

Make up new arguments if you will, but i cant be fucked wastin my time with it,

thankyou and goodnight.

In all honesty dude, I think things are best explained or discussed other ways as things can usually be misinterpreted or otherwise on forums, especially these ones when opinions fly off the wall.

• 9 months later...