aberdeen-music

Steve Earle, Aberdeen Music Hall, Tues 8th December 2009

Bigsby

• 6 months later...
I was there. 30bangers for one ticket was fuckin hefty, but I couldnae miss it.

Wunnerful show, and a great raconteur. A bit gutted that he didnae play I Feel Alright though, huge The Wire fan that I am.

Yup, brilliant show. I Feel Alright probably wouldn't work solo acoustic.

Kudos to support act Joe Pug too, I've seen some real crap over the years but he was excellent.

I thought Pug's stuff was a bit of a pastiche at first but he I enjoyed a couple of songs. I think I was just judging him on his youth and clean looking sweater which seemed incongruous with his song writing. Books and covers...

Earle is indeed a story teller and a half! Enjoyed his set despite not knowing most of the songs. Would have preferred to be seated. Definitely getting old.....

I thought Pug's stuff was a bit of a pastiche at first but he I enjoyed a couple of songs. I think I was just judging him on his youth and clean looking sweater which seemed incongruous with his song writing. Books and covers...

Earle is indeed a story teller and a half! Enjoyed his set despite not knowing most of the songs. Would have preferred to be seated. Definitely getting old.....

I had a pillar to lean on so all good.

• 6 months later...