aberdeen-music

re-issue of crust classics

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest allsystemsfail

Peaceville are soon gonna re-issue classic early crust releases Axegrinder - The Return Of The Serpent Men + Deviated Instinct - Rock 'n' Roll Conformity. Check 'em out, and while you're at it, pick up those re-issues by Doom and Electro Hippies too.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Peaceville are soon gonna re-issue classic early crust releases Axegrinder - The Return Of The Serpent Men + Deviated Instinct - Rock 'n' Roll Conformity. Check 'em out' date=' and while you're at it, pick up those re-issues by Doom and Electro Hippies too.[/quote']

Those releases sound pretty interesting. Although my knowledge of crust punk is really limited ive liked what ive heard. So those will probibly be getting purchased at some point.

My favourite crust punk band is Discharge a pretty obvious one but as i said my knowledge is limited.

Guest allsystemsfail
Those releases sound pretty interesting. Although my knowledge of crust punk is really limited ive liked what ive heard. So those will probibly be getting purchased at some point.

My favourite crust punk band is Discharge a pretty obvious one but as i said my knowledge is limited.

Discharge? Fuck yeah. One of the most important and influential punk outfits ever.

For classic crust, you may also wanna check out Antisect, Hellbastard, and Amebix.

Guest allsystemsfail
i dunno if they count as crust' date=' but Citizen Fish and Subumans rock pretty hard.[/quote']

Yeah, CF are cool, and were closely linked with the crusty community - see The Levellers, RDF, Back To The Planet, Ozric Tentacles, AOS3... Quite different from crust, but yeah, great band. Subhumans too.

Guest allsystemsfail
Thanks for the suggestions man. Yea another kinda crusty sounding band that i forgot: The Causalities theyre pretty kool.

Hmmm... more street punk than crust. While I caught these guys in Dundee in 1997 with The Varukers, I never really liked them. Okay I guess.

Guest scott cs.

from what i've heard, The Casualties are pretty cool, altho their older stuff sounds better than the newer stuff.

i only have a few CF tracks, whats the best album to start with?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Try Disclose, mate. Japan's answer to Discharge. They are absolute dynamite. I'm sure I could do you another tape.............

Guest allsystemsfail
from what i've heard' date=' The Casualties are pretty cool, altho their older stuff sounds better than the newer stuff.

i only have a few CF tracks, whats the best album to start with?[/quote']

I'd say "Finch".

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Any folks here love crust? Favourite bands?

Crust is not really my thing, but Extinction of Mankind and Deviated Instinct are most pleasing on the ear.

Guest allsystemsfail
Crust is not really my thing' date=' but Extinction of Mankind and Deviated Instinct are most pleasing on the ear.[/quote']

Yeah, EOM are really cool. Was fortunate enough to see them in London. Go check out their new album if you can + visit their site at http://www.extinctionofmankind.com

How are you doing by the way? We haven't spoken in a while.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yeah' date=' EOM are really cool. Was fortunate enough to see them in London. Go check out their new album if you can + visit their site at [url']http://www.extinctionofmankind.com

How are you doing by the way? We haven't spoken in a while.

I take it that you're Dave Massie? Thought so! Yeah, I'm doing well, how's yourself ? Didn't know EOM had a new album out, I still haven't picked up the "Scars of Mankind" 7". I have the "Weakness" 7" and the "Baptised In Shit" LP. Anything else I'm missing?

Guest allsystemsfail
I take it that you're Dave Massie? Thought so! Yeah' date=' I'm doing well, how's yourself ? Didn't know EOM had a new album out, I still haven't picked up the "Scars of Mankind" 7". I have the "Weakness" 7" and the "Baptised In Shit" LP. Anything else I'm missing?[/quote']

Yeah, I'm fine. :)

EOM? They also released a split 7" with Doom (on Flat Earth), a split album with Misery + more recently a 7" called "Ale To England"

Guest allsystemsfail
I just bought a split 12" with Doom and a band called Selfish whom i had never heard of but are sounding pretty good so far

The 12" is called Pro Life Control i recommend it to crust lovers

Rush Hour Of The Gods is my fave.