aberdeen-music

Edan The Deejay's new 'radio' show

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I don't know how many of you guys are familiar with this dude but I've championed him a lot on this site because his last album covers virtually every type of music I love. A triple threat hip hop dj/mc/producer with a mad love of old skool rap 12s and old psych/garage/funk samples. Anyway, he's started an experimental radio show, which can be downloaded here. 2 hours long, and probably exactly what you would expect him to play judging by the content on Beauty And The Beat.

From his blog:

SUP Y'ALL...

I'VE STARTED UP MY OWN RADIO SHOW.

IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY WE CAN DO THESE THINGS NOW.

I'VE RECORDED THE FIRST INSTALLMENT. IT WAS MORE LIKE A LOOSE TEST RUN TO SEE HOW SH*T FELT AND I WAS COOL WITH IT, SO I DECIDED TO PUT IT OUT THERE.

FOR NOW, I'LL BE DOING THE SHOW WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT.

ONCE MY WEBSITE GETS RE-VAMPED (SHOULD BE AROUND AUGUST/SEPTEMBER), I'LL

BE DOING A NEW SHOW EVERY WEEK AND POSTING IT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE SITE.

HOPEFULLY, THE SHOW WILL IMPROVE AS TIME GOES ON...WITH DROPS, GUEST HOSTS...THE WHOLE NINE.

SO CHECK OUT THIS FIRST INSTALLMENT...

TWO HOURS OF HI-BROW//LO-FI ENTERTAINMENT!

HERE'S THE LINK!!!

GET BACK TO ME AND LET ME KNOW IF Y'ALL LIKED IT OR WHATEVER...

AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR READING//LISTENING.

-EDAN

I don't know how many of you guys are familiar with this dude but I've championed him a lot on this site because his last album covers virtually every type of music I love. A triple threat hip hop dj/mc/producer with a mad love of old skool rap 12s and old psych/garage/funk samples. Anyway, he's started an experimental radio show, which can be downloaded here. 2 hours long, and probably exactly what you would expect him to play judging by the content on Beauty And The Beat.

From his blog:

SUP Y'ALL...

I'VE STARTED UP MY OWN RADIO SHOW.

IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY WE CAN DO THESE THINGS NOW.

I'VE RECORDED THE FIRST INSTALLMENT. IT WAS MORE LIKE A LOOSE TEST RUN TO SEE HOW SH*T FELT AND I WAS COOL WITH IT, SO I DECIDED TO PUT IT OUT THERE.

FOR NOW, I'LL BE DOING THE SHOW WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT.

ONCE MY WEBSITE GETS RE-VAMPED (SHOULD BE AROUND AUGUST/SEPTEMBER), I'LL

BE DOING A NEW SHOW EVERY WEEK AND POSTING IT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE SITE.

HOPEFULLY, THE SHOW WILL IMPROVE AS TIME GOES ON...WITH DROPS, GUEST HOSTS...THE WHOLE NINE.

SO CHECK OUT THIS FIRST INSTALLMENT...

TWO HOURS OF HI-BROW//LO-FI ENTERTAINMENT!

HERE'S THE LINK!!!

GET BACK TO ME AND LET ME KNOW IF Y'ALL LIKED IT OR WHATEVER...

AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR READING//LISTENING.

-EDAN

cheers, this is ace.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

don't ask him. every time someone asks him when he'll release a new album, he delays it by another year.

(however he is doing SOMETHING, i know that much. and he refuses to mention one of the tracks that he spins because he's sampling it after cut chemist found it in a crate)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Giles Walker

I enjoyed it, but it is a bit heavy going.

Some of those tunes needed a bit of space to breath, so chopping them up into tiny segments kinda spoils the enjoyment of listening to them a bit.

Good mix though...