aberdeen-music

Tbreak

Sam 45

Well it gets announced tomorrow on Vic Galloways' show. Here is a few of my predictions. No heats this year, just straight to the festival.

Paper Planes

Boycotts

The French Wives

Fangs

My Cousin I Bid You Farewell

Barn Owl

Brother Louis Collective

Woodenbox with a Fistful of Fivers

Ross Clark

Mitchell Museum

Mersault

United Fruit

Bronto Skylift

Did any of the Aberdeen bands enter? I'd say COTC and IRl probably have the best chances.

Barn Owl

Brother Louis Collective

Dead Boy Robotics

G1ft

Gong Fei

Homework

Little Eskimos

Maple Leaves

Mike Nisbet

Ming Ming and the Ching Chings

My Cousin I Bid You Farewell

Popolo

Punch and the Apostles

Tango in the Attic

The French Quarter

We Are Trapped in Kansas

See you there. Yas.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i have never heard of any of these bands except popolo, and even then it wasn't music related.

did anyone from aberdeen even bother entering this year?

tbreak sucks (mostly because i have never been in a band deemed good enough to play it)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
are the xcerts too big for tbreak now? will they have a slot anyways?

Probably, and probably would be my guess.

I'm sure they'll be playing The Futures stage or whatever it's called.

I'm assuming UoK got changed from Oran Mor to Tuts?

Nah they played Oran Mor and are now doing another gig at Tuts - June 25th. The Xcerts played the 'Relentless Stage' last year at Tuts, i'm not sure if this stage is going to be there this year, so i'd imagine they'll be on the futures.

Some of it has fairly surprised me this year. I've not heard of half the bands on the list and i was very surprised to see that the French Wives and Paper Planes missed out, i thought they were a certainty. Woodenbox were another i thought would be straight in, maybe they are getting a slot on the King Tuts stage. For Barn Owl, Brother Louis Collective, My Cousin I Bid You Farewell and Popolo i feel it is fully deserved. Great bands.

Steve, aye i'll be there with Barn Owl.

tbreak sucks (mostly because i have never been in a band deemed good enough to play it)

You're too melodic and poppy. And you don't put on a fake British accents.

No heats eh, thats a bit odd, leaves them more open to charges of favouritism.* I think playing a good gig, although subject to opinion, at least shows you can play a good gig. After our heat in 05, we were pretty convinced we'd make it through, even after being on first, the vibe left nothing to argue with. The prize plum is T on the Fringe, that is fucking ace, one of my highlights, etc etc, chunder, rhubarb.

I only recognise a couple of the names there, but I'm not really paying much attention to bands at the moment, well done anyway, abuse your freebies to the point of absurdity, and hammer the fridge backstage.

*I don't have an opinion on this really, I don't think I ever suspected any, but I would say that, in some viewpoints. Then again entrenched power always seeks to serve its own interests, at every level, from the crucial to the trivial.