aberdeen-music

Story Book Glen

sexytunk

Aaah, see, we in the "Dubford Masseeev" never did this, most of the Gardens round here have 4-5 foot fences, pretty difficult to scale when you are about 8-12 (that was when I got up to the other Hi-Jinks instead of playing playstation like the fat kid I am). We stuck to budding, chickenellie, kerbie and water fights in Scotstown Moor, they were awesome.

ah dubford was never good for this, too many hills and rich people, the Newburghs is where this game was at its best, lots of tiny backgarden fences and little walls seperating gardens. :up: (not that im still into that kinda thing....)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah dubford was never good for this, too many hills and rich people, the Newburghs is where this game was at its best, lots of tiny backgarden fences and little walls seperating gardens. :up: (not that im still into that kinda thing....)

I miss arsing around in BOD.

good times.

Even from Maryculter you'd be looking 10-15 mins walk, over the bridge another 10-15 mins, I'd say walking half an hour to destroy something to be an conserted effort!

Dunno. Back in the day, we used to walk/cycle several miles just to climb the fence and explore the place - It sat unused for a few years between completion and opening whillst the then owners sorted out a variety various planning/licencing issues. Turns out the local planners knew them well - as chancers..

Never indulged in any vandalism though. We liked being able to come back, more or less any time. :)

Liked the shooting range in the woods at the back too. We got up to all sorts with the discarded shotgun cartridges we found there. Don't think they would get away with being so sloppy today. o_O

I miss arsing around in BOD.

good times.

indeed they were, we had a few regular jaunts we liked to go to target the same folk, we had power slippers in the middletons and Boidy Clarke in the whitestripes, two guarenteed chases if provoked, although by the end boidy did end up with a few opened bottles of lemonade off his window rather than rosebuds....

indeed they were, we had a few regular jaunts we liked to go to target the same folk, we had power slippers in the middletons and Boidy Clarke in the whitestripes, two guarenteed chases if provoked, although by the end boidy did end up with a few opened bottles of lemonade off his window rather than rosebuds....

:laughing:

I always heard Milton was a good one to provoke.

Always used to be beast when the bulletins would go out the next day at school talking about it.

:laughing:

I always heard Milton was a good one to provoke.

Always used to be beast when the bulletins would go out the next day at school talking about it.

I actually felt sorry for milton, especially during snow times, there would litterally be groups of kids outside his house batter it with snow balls, i remember some folk writing "milton stinks" on his wall with snow one year.

Stealing milk at 6 in the morning was also a fun pasttime, although completely pointless and we never drank any of it.

I actually felt sorry for milton, especially during snow times, there would litterally be groups of kids outside his house batter it with snow balls, i remember some folk writing "milton stinks" on his wall with snow one year.

Stealing milk at 6 in the morning was also a fun pasttime, although completely pointless and we never drank any of it.

he did get a lot of shit.

But him, angry, was just a sight to be seen.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

We took part in garden hopping in New Deer. It was ace fun! My mate got taken out by a near invisible string at shin height (something to do with flowers, not sure why it was there). One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Pelting it through a garden at top speed and just hits the deck for no apparent reason. Lucky for him it was grass...

We had a fascination with nicking garden ornaments and leaving them in strange places too...

Another place I was at yesterday was the BA Country Store on the Skene road.

I never realised they keep their christmas grotto and pirate ship thingy set-up all year - Looked fucking creepy in its unlit state, with piles of other stock all about. Wish I'd taken my camera in now.

he did get a lot of shit.

But him, angry, was just a sight to be seen.

MILTON WAS/IS A FUCKING LEGEND!!! Imo the best teacher in that school, though the shit my class did to him was amusing I felt really sorry for him because I genuinely felt that he was an excellent teacher and a pretty funny guy at times. He was truly hilarious when pissed off, that much is true. What were the best pranks you/your classmates played on him?

On the chasie note, either of you guys ever hear of anyone getting chased by Rattray?

MILTON WAS/IS A FUCKING LEGEND!!! Imo the best teacher in that school, though the shit my class did to him was amusing I felt really sorry for him because I genuinely felt that he was an excellent teacher and a pretty funny guy at times. He was truly hilarious when pissed off, that much is true. What were the best pranks you/your classmates played on him?

On the chasie note, either of you guys ever hear of anyone getting chased by Rattray?

that name is familiar, are there twins with that last name, sure they were in my year......

I remember going on a trip to Storybook Glen with my playgroup when it was still being built, must have been 81 or 82 I suppose.

I was always too busy being a hit with the laydeez/playing in cool bands/sitting at home watching Star Trek as a teenager to bother walking over to Storybook Glen, but I know a lot of folk from my school did. As far as I'm aware they just took drugs and freaked out though, as opposed to trashing the place.

Some of the statues at Storybook Glen are properly shit. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are so bad it's unreal. Who made these statues?!

Do you have kids? Yeh to an adults eyes they may be shit, I'll give you that! But my kids love them, all the ones that aren't wrecked that is. All I hear about from my little ones for days after is about Story Book Glen, they love the place, it's a great way for them to interact with the countryside and keep them interested and occupied for hours on end. They certainly don't think its shit, and at the end of day it is meant for them.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

You guys talking about "Milton" - we had a teacher of the same name who sounds very similar. They must be related. I know it's not the same guy cos he lived near the Broch.

He had classic lines such as:

"I'll rip your arm off and hit you with the soggy bit"

"I'll rip your head off and throw you out the window head first"

That sort of thing. Cracking teacher and always a good laugh...

Could go nuts like the best of them though :)

You guys talking about "Milton" - we had a teacher of the same name who sounds very similar. They must be related. I know it's not the same guy cos he lived near the Broch.

He had classic lines such as:

"I'll rip your arm off and hit you with the soggy bit"

"I'll rip your head off and throw you out the window head first"

That sort of thing. Cracking teacher and always a good laugh...

Could go nuts like the best of them though :)

We had a teacher at School who has been all over the papers during the last decade, because it turns out he was a pedo bum boy, by the name of Paul Firth! He was a scout leader and used to take boys into the countryside and abuse them. He scared the shit out of me, but looking back he was probably pretty horrible to me as he didn't want to drill my ass.

In fact, there are a few people on this very site who used to go on trips with him, and have probably lost the ability to do a noisey fart due to Paul Firth!

Guest droid
We had a teacher at School who has been all over the papers during the last decade, because it turns out he was a pedo bum boy, by the name of Paul Firth! He was a scout leader and used to take boys into the countryside and abuse them. He scared the shit out of me, but looking back he was probably pretty horrible to me as he didn't want to drill my ass.

In fact, there are a few people on this very site who used to go on trips with him, and have probably lost the ability to do a noisey fart due to Paul Firth!

Pity it took about 25 years to convict the dirty bastard!He fucking hated me too.Which is just as well cause my old man would have probably stabbed him if he had came near me....lolz