aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I love stadiums (fuck the english language, the plural is not 'stadia').

Not been to a new one in ages. Last great one was Stadio Del Alpi years ago.

Delle_Alpi_UEFA.jpeg

The cool thing about the place was that the top row is at ground level so the stadium is sunken into the ground. Despite the stupid running track, its got a great atmosphere.

Fit's happening to the dons?!?!

Guest idol_wild
i see it was stevie nicholls at Easter Road. he is a c*** of the highest order, he actually sends off more Montrose players than ANY other ref. a pernickity arsehole who deserves to be shot.

alongside bobby madden who was absolutely DREADFUL for both teams at links park today

I would like to think he won't be allowed to add to his two SPL referee appearances for a wee while. His performance has to be evaluated today, because it was throughly inadequate. :down:

I literally couldn't believe what I was witnessing.

Hull lost again, surely Phil Brown is a dead man walking now!

In toilet land an unspectacular but solid 2-0 against kidderminster this afternoon, just as well Kiddy left their shooting boots at home cos we were pants second half.

the magic of the FA Cup next Sat when the mighty Ilkeston Town visit the Abbey! I've been informed they're 'physical' which means they'll be kicking lumps out of us! should be an interesting match!

Guest idol_wild
giggle.........

You shouldn't be giggling, mate. Hibernian were fucking chronic today. Seriously lacking in any sort of guile and craft.

Plus, it's the quietest home support I have ever witnessed.

You shouldn't be giggling, mate. Hibernian were fucking chronic today. Seriously lacking in any sort of guile and craft.

Plus, it's the quietest home support I have ever witnessed.

Since I live right next door to the stadium I can confirm that the half-time tannoy was louder than any crowd noise all day. I was in the shower for the goals though.

Mind you, that's the quietest I've heard it this season.

Last great one was Stadio Del Alpi years ago.

So great that Juve and Torino never managed to fill it and Juve have demolished it to build a 40,000 seat stadium instead.

Most of the stadiums built for Italia 90 have suffered similar fates I think. Massive out of town stadiums with running tracks and seats so far from the pitch you can't see what's happening doesn't lead to happy fans.

So great that Juve and Torino never managed to fill it and Juve have demolished it to build a 40,000 seat stadium instead.

Most of the stadiums built for Italia 90 have suffered similar fates I think. Massive out of town stadiums with running tracks and seats so far from the pitch you can't see what's happening doesn't lead to happy fans.

I was there for a champion's league semi final so probably wasn't representative of the average match. It was filled to the rafters and had a cracking atmosphere. Panini's at half time probably had a factor on the impression it left too but it was genuinely breath-taking. Thanks for the sarcasm though.

The running track thing is a feature of most stadiums around Europe, it's only really in Britain that the crowd being right next to the action is standard. When you talk to foreign football fans about the premier league it's always one of the first things they comment upon. Running tracks are wack.

The ref was a homer at the aberdeen game yesterday, useless prick!

Also hibs "casuals" attacking some aberdeen fans on London Road, boy was out for the count.

Fucking scumbags, boys getting kicked in the head when he's out cold on the ground surely that's attempted murder, hope they catch the cunts that did it :swearing::down:

Guest idol_wild
The ref was a homer at the aberdeen game yesterday, useless prick!

Also hibs "casuals" attacking some aberdeen fans on London Road, boy was out for the count.

Fucking scumbags, boys getting kicked in the head when he's out cold on the ground surely that's attempted murder, hope they catch the cunts that did it :swearing::down:

Hibs "casuals" are the worst, because they don't start with other "casuals" - they'll go for what "casuals" refer to as scarfers (fans who display their club colours). One particular Hibs "casual" got a surprise when he approached me and my friend after a semi-final at Hampden a few years back. He didn't expect to end up on the deck after one skelp.

I'm not even in any way hard, pugnacious, or violent, yet he went down after one punch in the face. What a fucking pansy.

I absolutely despise Hibernian. In every way. I'd really love to see them fail.