aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Was he? Fucking hell. I thought he'd fucked off like the rest of their half decent players. The shitness of their new team has rubbed off, clearly.

Karipidis fucked off. Unless I'm getting them mixed up, I always thought Karipidis was better. Zaliukas just makes me laugh.

Wasn't Czaba talking about making Zaliukas Hearts' captain this year, at one point?!

That just illustrates what a joke of a football club Hearts are; the boy has a chronic discipline problem and was sent off four times last year, so what better to learn him his lesson than to give him the club captaincy? Bizarre.

Wasn't Czaba talking about making Zaliukas Hearts' captain this year, at one point?!

That just illustrates what a joke of a football club Hearts are; the boy has a chronic discipline problem and was sent off four times last year, so what better to learn him his lesson than to give him the club captaincy? Bizarre.

Their shortlist for the captaincy was supposedly Zaliukas, Stewart and Kingston. That's a whole lot of cunt.

Maybe it was Karapidis I was thinking of.

I always thought, discipline excepted, that Zaliukas was a decent player. Making him captain would be idiotic though. A bit like handing the armband to Michael Stewart. Oh.

Aye, but Hearts are picked-on by referees and treated unfairly by the SFA, don't you know...

:popcorn:

i'm in shock as we actually signed a defender yesterday and one that was on trial at a number of league one and two clubs over the summer. i think the future is bright under mr ling although we need to improve our dismal performance against crawley on tuesday night.

wtf with damien duff, goes on about how he's going to help the toon out the championship then offski the moment a prem club is interested in his services. for that i dont blame him but then to come out with how it was so shit at newcastle was just sticking the boot in i feel.

that was a fucking dreadful performance by hearts.

granted zagreb were an excellent team, but fuck a duck, they were an absolute joke!

I was busy last night so I taped it out of interest. Watched it on a x32 speed this morning just to see the score/goals. Did Hearts touch the ball?!

BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish Premier | How to fix Scottish football

The "see also" column on the right says it all.

It's strange how we always seem to churn out big, strong, solid footballers, but when did we last produce a good, tricky player who excels with the ball at his feet? Whereas, to use a bad example, somewhere like Trinidad & Tobago produces players who can really light up a game, like Jason Scotland, Colin Samuel, Russel Latapy, Kenwyne Jones etc. What's different between Trinidadian kids and Scottish kids?

It's strange how we always seem to churn out big, strong, solid footballers, but when did we last produce a good, tricky player who excels with the ball at his feet? Whereas, to use a bad example, somewhere like Trinidad & Tobago produces players who can really light up a game, like Jason Scotland, Colin Samuel, Russel Latapy, Kenwyne Jones etc. What's different between Trinidadian kids and Scottish kids?

Lots I would imagine! Diet, culture, attitude.......

McFadden's quite tricky when he's not having one of those games where he looks drunk.

Emphasis on Scottish kids is on how big and strong they can be, with far less work spent on technique.

The likes of Rangers and Celtic could in the past afford to take chances on smaller more skilful players, but generally speaking the rest of Scotland (speaking from an Aberdeen perspective in the last ten years) used to / still do release players who are 'too small' in their mid teens.