aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Watching that clip made me long for the days of nobby solano and his trumpet. I don't remember hearing him speak so I can assume it was like that.

Graeme Souness used to call Nobby up just to hear him playing tunes on his trumpet down the telephone line, true story. Given how terrible Souness was as a manager and given that the general consensus in the footballing world is that he's a grumpy old prick, that image amuses me greatly.

Actually, I've heard a few stories about Souness that suggest he's not as much of a bastard as everyone makes out. A brother of one of our players (I think it might have been N'Zogbia) died and Souness apparently brought him into his house for a week or so to help him cope. Either that or he was trying to take advantage of a vulnerable young man, but hey.

I used to think Ian Holloway was a bit of a hero but he's becoming such a charicature of himself. Loves playing the "zany goofball from the West Country" role.

• Upvote 1

The scottish Sun seems to really think Celtic can stuff Arsenal this week. Even analyzing all the players and naming Clichy as their "weak link"... I'd have him over most attacking full backs in the EPL. He's fast as fuck and is great at tracking runs. Absolutely bonkers.

Fabregas is shit too. Brown will have him in his pocket all night. 6-0 to the hoops.

Newcastle news: Ashley in talks with Barry Moat for 100m takeover. And they've flogged Damien Duff to Fulham.

Thoughts?

Elsewhere, Cokehead Bednar is eligible to play again.

Moat's been locked in talks for over a month now. The word on the street is that he's going to find out whether or not he's secured some funding from Barclay's this week... so one way or another, this whole episode SHOULD come to a head this week. Moat's Newcastle United through-and-through; he's been an executive box holder for years and he's got a black and white fence around his house. What a boy. Hope he's not a maniac. If Ashley DOES leave this week, you boys are all going to have to stick me on "ignore" for a while...

Duff to Fulham for 4m is good business by us. One less body, but he was on 60k a week and to get 4m for a player who's never been particularly good for us is not bad at all. Thought he could've done a job in this division, but ah well.

Goods news for Woodsinho - Lee Miller is not joining Middlesboro.

Boro boss plays down Miller reports | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Distancing himself from being interested in signing a player who didn't touch the ball over 90 minutes I'll bet.

I'm sure that was the tactics McGhee conveyed anyway as he doesn't want to lose the closest thing to a goal machine we've got.......

Goods news for Woodsinho - Lee Miller is not joining Middlesboro.

Boro boss plays down Miller reports | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Good news indeeed. When we said that we need a replacement for alves we didn't mean a literal lazy useless striker for lazy useless striker swap.

This Championship lark is fun, it's all 'who are we playing tonight?', 'Scunthorpe United', 'are they any good?', 'no idea!'. Keeps us on our toes...

Moat's been locked in talks for over a month now. The word on the street is that he's going to find out whether or not he's secured some funding from Barclay's this week... so one way or another, this whole episode SHOULD come to a head this week. Moat's Newcastle United through-and-through; he's been an executive box holder for years and he's got a black and white fence around his house. What a boy. Hope he's not a maniac. If Ashley DOES leave this week, you boys are all going to have to stick me on "ignore" for a while...

Duff to Fulham for 4m is good business by us. One less body, but he was on 60k a week and to get 4m for a player who's never been particularly good for us is not bad at all. Thought he could've done a job in this division, but ah well.

I agree the only good thing i can remember Duff doing was helping us salvage a point on the opening day of this season but i think we will do well this season things are looking well already,a good scrap in the championship will do us the world of good!

5 goals in 2 seasons for Sheffield Wednesday too. Stats like this have got Gareth Southgate shitting bricks. He's throroughly earned his #9 shirt. What a marksman.

I really can't think of an out and out striker, who plays as often as he does, who has scored less than he has. Can you believe he's only in his 20's? It's as if that big eared potato has been playing football forever. Time moves 10 times slower when Jeffers is around. Sky Sports suggests Doncaster are making a half a million quid bid for that useless sack of knobs. Get in. We'll probably bag another Premier League wash-up with those funds. Brian McClair or Darren Anderton or something. Goals-o-rama.