aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Well, players can't automatically gel together, especially at the rate they've been coming in to Real. The most important part of new signings and the manager alike is getting a solid pre-season under their belts.

Can't help but wonder what frame of mind the manager was in tactically. The whole squad is new to him and he hasn't played any part in the transfers taking place either. They might have a cracking line up of players, but it'll be interesting to see what systems he implements.

well pre season results don't mean a jot and is just an exercise to get the players fit and ready for the new season. i mean we humped a semi full strength everton side 4-2 last season for example.

i did read ronaldo played utter shit though!

To be fair though, last nights Real line-up didnt have too many new faces in it and the system they employed first half looked pretty well suited to their squad.

From the middle > front they lined up

--------Diarra : Gago---------

Ronaldo : Guti : Higuain

---------------Raul---------------

Using that system I can easily see Kaka in for Guti and Benzema for Raul, which would seem to be a pretty balanced formation.

Don't see Schneider or Van Der Vaart getting a look in at the moment, quite surprised they havent been snapped up already by any of the Top 6 in England, surely Citeh must be sniffing around at least one of them? Schneider would be a great buy for United or Liverpool as well in my book

Van Der Vaart may be back on his way to Hamburg.

Robben's dad is apparently speaking with Spurs. Spurs? He's better than fucking mad 'Arry's wheeler dealing Spurs. Fuck off Spurs.

Schneider could play on the wing for most teams on earth. Guy needs to get bought! Just not by fucking Spurs. Or City, because I'm sick of hearing about them.

Boro are looking at Nigel Reo-Coker apparently! Through teary eyes, dreaming of the days in which we signed Juninho, Viduka, Ravanelli...

And Celtic will sign a completely French/African midfield, give up on all previous decent transfer targets like James McCarthy who was very closing to signing, we'll get absolutely royally humped by Tottenham and Barcelona in the 'Wembley Cup', we'll re-sign Bobo Balde and Mo Jonhstone, buy the rights to the Playboy channel, showing instead different camera angles of Willy McStay coaching the senior team and telling them the perfect football diet, add the Orange of the Ireland tri-colours to our kit, turn Parkhead into a castle and Tony Mowbray will continue to look really confused.

I fucking love football, I do.

Reo-Coker may not be a glamourous signing (if we do end up signing him) but surely that's a good thing? I'd rather we were going for younger players like him and Lita (if the internet is to be believed) than the likes of Andy Townsend and a way past his best Paul Merson that we were getting in when Robbo was in charge.

I reckon 'boro have got a good young squad of players who have the potential to do very well this season if we can plug a few of the gaps that will be left by those who leave. Also - a decent keeper would be nice, Brad Jones doesn't really look like the new Mark Schwarzer that he was touted to be a few years ago.

Unfortunately these things have given me hope and hope generally only leads to one thing - disappointment.

Le sigh.

I think Boro are in with a better chance of coming straight back up than Newcastle to be honest; Boro have a good squad of young, hungry players who will be desperate to restore some pride, plus a manager who knows the players inside out. Whereas most of Newcastle's team are overpaid mercenaries who look as though they couldn't really give a flying fuck, and are just there for the paycheque. They are going to have to trim the squad back to it's bare bones because A) the wage bill is massive and they're playing in the championship, and B) half the players who got them there in the first place will refuse to play in the championship or take a wage cut. That club are in real danger of getting sucked downwards, 50,000 fans every week (which they love to parp on about) will mean precisely fuck all if they can't get the team sorted out. As least they got shot of Michael Owen, possibly their worst ever signing.

Mikey O's banged in 2 goals in 2 games now for Manyoo. What a predator. With United's creativity in midfield, he really could smash them in every week. Newcastle just looked completely deflated in every department for the most part of last season though, and couldn't create anything.

I still think he's a twat though. Not really sure why. Irrational football hatreds don't need an explanation. Fuck off Rangers, Spurs, Michael Owen and Leeds.

Mikey O's banged in 2 goals in 2 games now for Manyoo. What a predator. With United's creativity in midfield, he really could smash them in every week. Newcastle just looked completely deflated in every department for the most part of last season though, and couldn't create anything.

I still think he's a twat though. Not really sure why. Irrational football hatreds don't need an explanation. Fuck off Rangers, Spurs, Michael Owen and Leeds.

Give it three games of the new season before he pulls a hamstring while brushing his teeth and that will be him until Xmas....

Hopefully he won't turn out to be as infuriating as Louis Saha. I honestly think Saha would be one of the best centre forwards in the EPL if it wasn't for sharp gusts of wind putting him out for the season. He was incredible when he actually played. He's even scored a few for Everton now.

Michael Owen will score at least 20 goals for Manchester United next season.

I like how matter-of-fact this comes across. It's like you are Mark Lawrenson, and what ever Lawro says - goes. You don't argue with Lawro. Motson learned that quite quickly.

God, I love Lawrenson. he fucking hates football, and he's getting paid to fucking hate football. It's the stuff dreams are made of.