aberdeen-music

Fender type guitar for around 550?

Due to the upcoming sale of one of my guitars, I am going to have some money to pointlessly spend on another guitar.

Ideally, I am after some sort of Fender type guitar. Things I like:

Maple fingerboards

7.25" radius necks

Single coils

Things I don't like:

Humbuckers

Pointy bits

Active pickups

I already own two Telecasters and a Stratocaster, so I'm not really interested in another one. I know this limits my options quite a bit, but I thought people on hear might have some interesting suggestions? I was thinking of maybe a second hand '69 Thinline Telecaster or a short scale guitar like a Music Master or a Duosonic.

this fills prettty much none of your criteria, but I think you should give the Telecaster Deluxe reissue a try. a little different from a regular tele in that it has fender wide range pickups which are technically humbuckers i guess, but they sound so good and are real versatile. the neck plays amazing. Different to the other guitars you own too. It's made in mexico, but its a 550 guitar so the build quality is more than adequete.

Due to the upcoming sale of one of my guitars, I am going to have some money to pointlessly spend on another guitar.

Ideally, I am after some sort of Fender type guitar. Things I like:

Maple fingerboards

7.25" radius necks

Single coils

Things I don't like:

Humbuckers

Pointy bits

Active pickups

I already own two Telecasters and a Stratocaster, so I'm not really interested in another one. I know this limits my options quite a bit, but I thought people on hear might have some interesting suggestions? I was thinking of maybe a second hand '69 Thinline Telecaster or a short scale guitar like a Music Master or a Duosonic.

what do you think of Eastwoods pawnshop looking guitars?

eastwood_guitars_hiflyer_blueburst.jpg

airline-tuxedo.jpg

ichiban.jpg

:up:

A friend of mine in Manchester is selling a Jap 69 Thinline Tele for 320. It's even got a Bareknuckle Piledriver in the bridge. He's taken out the neck pickup and replaced the pick guard with no neck pickup cavity. The sell comes with the original pickups and pickguard though.

He's after a quick sell, but if you're interested, the link on the Manc Music forums is here:

FOR SALE: Fender MIJ '69 Thinline Telecaster reissue (early 90s) - I <3 Manchester Music