aberdeen-music

Tunnels Room 2

sexytunk

Is the PA in room 2 the same as room 1 at The Tunnels? Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never actually been in room 2.

We are playing a private function there next month, and Hen and the organizer have been good enough to sort out a deal for us to use the inhouse PA. Just sort of want to know what to expect?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

well for a question as complex as that would you rather it was guessed at by people like us or answered by the guy whose job it is to help you with this?

please don't get me started on this because it's one of my most documented hates about this site.

well for a question as complex as that would you rather it was guessed at by people like us or answered by the guy whose job it is to help you with this?

please don't get me started on this because it's one of my most documented hates about this site.

It's hardly a complex question is it? I'm not looking for volume ratings or any shit like that, just some basic info from a site of people who may have more experience at playing the tunnels than i have

Don't get me started on my pet hate, people being awkward twats on this site

The PA in Tunnel 2 is much smaller than that in Tunnel 1.

Their are a pair of Nexo PS10's and one matching sub to go with it.

A gig in this room can work as long as the band communicate with the engineer.

Most of the sound should come off the stage, as generally, only the kick drum needs to be mic'ed up.

When I do sound in there, I mic up the kick drum, DI the bass, mic up the guitars (but only for monitoring purposes) and then I obviously mic up the vocals.

How many people are you expecting?

• Upvote 1

The PA in Tunnel 2 is much smaller than that in Tunnel 1.

Their are a pair of Nexo PS10's and one matching sub to go with it.

A gig in this room can work as long as the band communicate with the engineer.

Most of the sound should come off the stage, as generally, only the kick drum needs to be mic'ed up.

When I do sound in there, I mic up the kick drum, DI the bass, mic up the guitars (but only for monitoring purposes) and then I obviously mic up the vocals.

How many people are you expecting?

This is what I was looking for, cool cheers.

100 expected (apparently)

Guest droid

Tunnels 2

Played there last week with guitar,bass,drums,Hammond and Rhodes.....it rocked!Perfectly adequate.Provided the soundman knows what he's doing.....lolz

Guest Tam o' Shantie
It's hardly a complex question is it? I'm not looking for volume ratings or any shit like that, just some basic info from a site of people who may have more experience at playing the tunnels than i have

Don't get me started on my pet hate, people being awkward twats on this site

You want to know what fucking monitors they have and you expect me to be able to answer it? phone hen you fuckwit, he's being paid to answer your question.

People being akward twats = people attempting to give you a straightforward answer based on experience and then having further questions asked about something they have no professional tie to.

This is what I was looking for, cool cheers.

100 expected (apparently)

yeah that will probably be ok. The PA isn't that powerful. I don't think it would manage with 200 people. But for 100, it will probably be ok. But seriously, take my advice, work with the engineer.

You want to know what fucking monitors they have and you expect me to be able to answer it? phone hen you fuckwit, he's being paid to answer your question.

People being akward twats = people attempting to give you a straightforward answer based on experience and then having further questions asked about something they have no professional tie to.

If you don't know any of the infformation I was looking for, why fucking post on the thread?

It's cocks like you that put decent folk off using this site!

• Upvote 1

yeah that will probably be ok. The PA isn't that powerful. I don't think it would manage with 200 people. But for 100, it will probably be ok. But seriously, take my advice, work with the engineer.

Wow, information from someone in the know! Who would ever have thought it!

no one asked you directly stop being a prick.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
If you don't know any of the infformation I was looking for, why fucking post on the thread?

It's cocks like you that put decent folk off using this site!

Trying to give friendly/helpful advice before being met by abuse

The fact that you were assisted by the 1 guy who happened to be online (out of 8348 who use this site) who actually knows what the setup is is simply flukey and doesn't detract from the fact that you should generally phone a professional representative if you want more than a typical answer from someone like me who has DJed there a handful of times. 'People like me' aren't putting off 'decent folk' from using this site, why the fuck havent you posted on my Raekwon thread?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
no one asked you directly stop being a prick.

I'm a posting member of this site so I have a right to answer any question not directed at a particular individual. Stop being stupid.

Trying to give friendly/helpful advice before being met by abuse

The fact that you were assisted by the 1 guy who happened to be online (out of 8348 who use this site) who actually knows what the setup is is simply flukey and doesn't detract from the fact that you should generally phone a professional representative if you want more than a typical answer from someone like me who has DJed there a handful of times. 'People like me' aren't putting off 'decent folk' from using this site, why the fuck havent you posted on my Raekwon thread?

Well maybe that was that one guy I targeted with the question, are you only allowed to ask a question on here when 10 people can give you sufficient answers? In any case I found out the information I required! So your argument seems pretty dead in the water.

And I didn't come on here for an argument with you, I wanted genuine information, not in depth just basic info, it's my business how I go about getting it!