aberdeen-music

Hog

metallica_jaco

Spike are playing Moshulu on Thursday the 1st of July' date=' on about 8:30pm. Maybe folk "have a chug" about him because he's a sound and cheerful guy and not some embittered little cunt who can't stand not being the centre of attention. Also, he doesn't feel the need to put up "controversial" posts to try and piss people off for the sake of it. What's the matter son, did your mother take away the tit too early? Fuck off and die.[/quote']

Maybe if you read the entire post again you will, the point is that jake has a dig at Jaco for posting just to piss people off, does it contoversially and does exactly what he's ranting against. Thus hypocrisy. "Do as I say, not as I do" as my Mum used to say (and probably still does, it was a particular favourite of hers)

Nothing to do with anything Hog says.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
hahahaaha jakey. I was just having a bit of banter. how about you go up benachie and jump of the side u fag. I hope a land rover comes up looking for you and runs you down in the process

Jaco, you had that coming. If you're going to dish it out you have to be prepared to take some flak. "Banter" doesn't wash with me. That's a cop-out and you know it. That's just a shorthand version of "I think I'll slag someone off and if anyone takes offence, I'll just say I was winding them up and no harm was meant". Wind-ups don't come across on screen very well, I found that out the hard way! I usually like your posts, I thought your emo rants were GREAT. Oh, do you mean that Land Rover stuff or is that "banter" too? I'll take it as such, let's move on, no hard feelings. And as for "fag", well, you're wrong there. Or is that just another wind-up? Fuck, I'm confusing myself!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Maybe if you read the entire post again you will' date=' the point is that jake has a dig at Jaco for posting just to piss people off, does it contoversially and does exactly what he's ranting against. Thus hypocrisy. "Do as I say, not as I do" as my Mum used to say (and probably still does, it was a particular favourite of hers)

Nothing to do with anything Hog says.[/quote']

I think I get your point, Ian, but to me that wasn't a controversial post, just a simple matter of reciprocation. Did you find that controversial? Anyway, Jaco was just trying to have a dig at someone for no reason, I had a pop because he had a dig at my band-mate. I don't think it's hypocritical to give people a taste of their own medicine.

Spike are playing Moshulu on Thursday the 1st of July' date=' on about 8:30pm. Maybe folk "have a chug" about him because he's a sound and cheerful guy and not some embittered little cunt who can't stand not being the centre of attention. Also, he doesn't feel the need to put up "controversial" posts to try and piss people off for the sake of it. What's the matter son, did your mother take away the tit too early? Fuck off and die.[/quote']

exactly.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
hog is possibly one of the nicest gentlemen you are ever going to meet. he is fucking ace and yes he is a good musician' date=' both spike pile driver and element 106 are fucking ace.[/quote']

Stop it Timson, guitarists have big enough egos as it is!

I think I get your point' date=' Ian, but to me that wasn't a controversial post, just a simple matter of reciprocation. Did you find that controversial? Anyway, Jaco was just trying to have a dig at someone for no reason, I had a pop because he had a dig at my band-mate. I don't think it's hypocritical to give people a taste of their own medicine.[/quote']

It could be argued that calling someone an embittered little cunt, hinting at some post-natal nipple trauma and telling them to fuck off and die is controversial.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It could be argued that calling someone an embittered little cunt' date=' hinting at some post-natal nipple trauma and telling them to fuck off and die is controversial.[/quote']

Possibly, depends how easily offended you are, I suppose. "Post-natal nipple trauma"? Lovely turn of phrase. But was it hypocritical?

Possibly' date=' depends how easily offended you are, I suppose. "Post-natal nipple trauma"? Lovely turn of phrase. But was it hypocritical?[/quote']

You've just had a pop at someone for posting controversial posts just to piss people off, surely your post is controversial (you think he's an embittered little attention seeking cunt, he doesn't= dispute=controversy) and designed to piss someone off?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
You've just had a pop at someone for posting controversial posts just to piss people off' date=' surely your post is controversial (you think he's an embittered little attention seeking cunt, he doesn't= dispute=controversy) and designed to piss someone off?[/quote']

I felt like pissing him off, yeah, to let him know how it feels when someone has a pop but I still don't think it was controversial. You obviously do, you seem more annoyed about it than Jaco, who just laughed it off, gave me some abuse back and moved on, end of story. Just because two people are having a dispute does not equate to controversy, at least not in my book.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
where can i get this?

We'll be punting them at Moshulu on Thursday after we play there. 40 songs for 3, and at least three of them are over a minute long!