aberdeen-music

Terry Brooks

jester1470

I preferred the self indulgent moanfest that is Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant sequence, and, having read quite a lot of Fantasy in my yout', I thought that Brooks was ultra derivitive, worse than Eddings even (at least he went for a bit of wit, even if his clouds always scudded). Now the Fionavar Tapestry is a different kettle of elf all together, and Hugh Cook was momentarily interesting, but why do all these dudes find it so hard to just write one book, instead of 3 (or 5, or 10).

I preferred the self indulgent moanfest that is Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant sequence, and, having read quite a lot of Fantasy in my yout', I thought that Brooks was ultra derivitive, worse than Eddings even (at least he went for a bit of wit, even if his clouds always scudded). Now the Fionavar Tapestry is a different kettle of elf all together, and Hugh Cook was momentarily interesting, but why do all these dudes find it so hard to just write one book, instead of 3 (or 5, or 10).

I definitely preferred Brooks stuff when he movexd away from the LOTR clones stuff and got a bit mroe interesting, the gf likes Steven Donaldson but I've never read any myself but I found Eddings to be dull beyond belief, i do know what you mean about these epic stories going on for book afetr book, as they end up effectively telling the same story over and over f you reuse the characters so much.