aberdeen-music

Aberdeen beach = bad

Lemonade

The Good Beach Guide have released their 2009 results today and Aberdeen beach has scored a big fat fail, failing to reach the minimum EU standard for water quality.

Thomas Bell, MCS Coastal Pollution Officer, said: Todays results reflect last summers heavy rain which swept waterborne pollutants like raw sewage, petro-chemicals and farm waste into rivers and the sea.

Keep that in mind next time you want to go swimming or surfing in Aberdeen - you're swimming in sewage and chemicals. :puke:

The full results here, but here's the Aberdeenshire bit.

beaches.jpg

MCS: Goodbeachguide information pages

I cant believe I have to explain this to you peeps.. The sea often looks green when the seabed is sandy because yellow sand + the blue light from the sun/sky make it look green.. Not because of any chemicals or anything.. ?( The harbour looks darker because it is deeper to let ships in and out... :up:

I cant believe I have to explain this to you peeps.. The sea often looks green when the seabed is sandy because yellow sand + the blue light from the sun/sky make it look green.. Not because of any chemicals or anything.. ?( The harbour looks darker because it is deeper to let ships in and out... :up:

To me, that seemed pretty obvious. :gringo:

But it must be 'cos the harbour is infested with syphilis!!!21

No matter how much pollution there may be in Aberdeen's waters, there ALWAYS seems to be some bird in a bikini having a paddle when the sun comes out who gets her pic in the Drabloids.

'And here is the Page 3 Idol contestant from sunny Aberdeen, just ignore the tide marks of poo around her shins and the used condom stuck to her left arse cheek.'

I'm chums with the girl who ended up in 'the scum'. I have no idea how it ended up happening though.

Being reasonably attractive in a bikini on Aberdeen beach was the sole requirement I imagine...having seen some of the horrific displays of flesh at lunchtime on Union Street I can guess the competition wasn't fierce...that's no slur intended on your mate by the way 8-)