aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro Confirm Aberdeen Date

lava p.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although' date=' doesn't the forum hold more people than moshulu? just wondering...cos it seems like a smaller venue for them...[/quote']
nah' date=' not really. Both venues have the same capacity, the forum just looks bigger because of its balcony and high celling

besides, the forum no longer want to deal with shows like this.[/quote']

Gee that's a shame the forum no longer wants to do this type of show :( (cue past tense) The forum was close to the ideal venue in many ways. It held a lot of people in relative comfort. It had a large high stage (although it could have done with being a bit deeper and having a drum riser), the room was longer than it is wide, with the stage central to it's width. The bar was long and was sited at the rear of the room - the ideal venue layout. The ceiling was high giving it good accoustics, and making it well suited to a lighting rigs. There was a decent reception type are and easy access to the toilets. The only thing it lacked was a top notch installed rig, and by fuck you'd need a lot of power to do that place properly!!! Lot of air to move!

Who knows if they ever decide flog it... heh heh.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
aaaaaeooooo biffy! i hope this doesn't clash with bloc party at the lemon tree..

woo...bloc party are playing the lemon tree?! when when?

and biffy! i've seen them...5 times? they get better every time! (except at the secc, which wasnt very good) but if it IS local support, gloria flaw, gloria flaw, gloria flaw! please!

Guest WalkingOnGlass

1. The X-Certs, in my eyes, are the best unsigned band in Scotland, if not the whole of the UK....

2. They don't really sound like Biffy...They take influences from shitloads of bands, from Blink to Rage to Fugazi to Idlewild...But hey, sorry for not being a close-minded buffoon...The only reason I wouldn't put The X-Certs on the bill would be for fear of them over-shadowing the Headliners, especially after hearing new material by both parties...

Guest stuartmaxwell

just because rage are an influence on them doesnt mean that they have elements of them, what a load of pish your talking. listen to the chords, exactly the same kinda chords as biffy use, witht he same ascending bits with the same intricate start-stops, they sound nothing like rage or fugazi!

best unsigned band in scotland??are you have a laugh?and you call me the close minded bufoon?ha!:p

i think they are ok, good rythmn section and decent frontman, they lack the power though, everytime i have seen em it didnt sound powerful enough, but best in scotland?not a chance!

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i must admit, in the past, the x-certs have been pretty much biffy clones...but in the past they have also been blink clones! i think they may be heading in a new direction...

1. The X-Certs' date=' in my eyes, are the best unsigned band in Scotland, if not the whole of the UK....

2. They don't really sound like Biffy...They take influences from shitloads of bands, from Blink to Rage to Fugazi to Idlewild...But hey, sorry for not being a close-minded buffoon...The only reason I wouldn't put The X-Certs on the bill would be for fear of them over-shadowing the Headliners, especially after hearing new material by both parties...[/quote']

ha ha, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have heard. last time i saw the x-certs, quite a few months ago, there were so many bits in the set that sounded like direct biffy rip offs. for example i heard parts sounding very like the intro to ideal height and part of liberate the illiterate. secondly, there is absolutely no way the x-certs would show up biffy. that is a joke. biffy clyro, in my opinion, are the best band i have ever seen live and the new material i have heard, two songs, shows signs of the next album being evry bit as good as the last two though very different. but excellent still

i would say a lot of their music is heavily influenced by biffy but they dont sound like them that much only little tiny bits. Best unsigned band? Certainly one of them but that is my opinion. Everyone has there own little opinion on what they like and dislike.

Stuart it is just one persons view, why isn't he allowed to think that? cheers Jamsey!

To be quite honest yeah we all love biffy and everyone knows that! when we corssed over from pop punk i do think we sounded alot like biffy, mainly because that's all we listened to. However i feel del Franklin compared us to Placebo which i feel is far more realistic. The new stuff doesn't sound anything like biffy, it does lean more towards placebo and stapleton....

I'm not having a go stuart but we don't sound like biffy, that tag went a long time ago. Come on august 13th to hear our new stuff, if you still think we sound like biffy, that's cool, but you are probably deaf!

Yeah man, we've changed, but all for the better! come on august 13th and see what you think then!

Just remember peeps, vic and gill said after playing our song on the radio " there is hope for scottish rock"!. That is about the only huge thing i can say a bout us!

Guest stuartmaxwell
Stuart it is just one persons view' date=' why isn't he allowed to think that? cheers Jamsey!

To be quite honest yeah we all love biffy and everyone knows that! when we corssed over from pop punk i do think we sounded alot like biffy, mainly because that's all we listened to. However i feel del Franklin compared us to Placebo which i feel is far more realistic. The new stuff doesn't sound anything like biffy, it does lean more towards placebo and stapleton....

I'm not having a go stuart but we don't sound like biffy, that tag went a long time ago. Come on august 13th to hear our new stuff, if you still think we sound like biffy, that's cool, but you are probably deaf![/quote']

well taht was febuary

wasnae a dig, but i just heard so much biffy in your sound, i didnt think it sound like stapleton much (great band btw), i could hear placebo mainly cause i was standing next to del :dunce:

its the chords that i reckon do it, simon used to play the samey stuff on blackened sky era but i think they are moving on a lot and a lot of the newer stuff isnt chords, but more different tunings and heavily distorted notes

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

del Franklin compared us to Placebo which i feel is far more realistic.

umm' date=' well, never ever saw [i']that one...but placebo are my favourite band, so if you sound like them in your newer stuff, looks like i'm going to be an x-certs fan again

I saw Biffy at the Forum last year. They were great. i've seen crackout on support slots twice they're alright but they're not amazingly good though. Is it definately on the 18th in NME it said it was Sat the 18th but the 18th is a Monday. Should still be a good gig though. Mon the biffy!

...i was so pissed off the last time they played in forres and not aberdeen...

their last tour was of the highlands and islands and Aberdeen isn't the Highlands. At the cooper temple gig, Lewis (The Gloria Flaw singer) was signing autographs for fans of Biffy... apparantly Ben told him to sign the posters etc with Biffy as a laugh...

Lewis used to play in a band with Ben and James from Biffy, Ben and Lewis on guitars and james on drums, they tried to get simon on bass but he was having none of it. And Biffy Clyro's first gig was supporting Lewis' band, Biffy played Nirvana and Weezer covers ,and now look at where Lewis is - supporting Biffy in a cow shed in the middle of no where! What an anti-climax for the boy...