aberdeen-music

Aliens Vs Predator

I can't stress how much I am anticipating this since AvP2 as any fan would be of the movies* and the games.

*when I say movies I mean the standalone ones, not the horrific AvP movie franchise.

Today a teaser trailer was released, along with some screen shots!

med_3547730209_e8579ab227_o.jpg

med_3548541720_a1271bfc2f_o.jpg

Sega's publishing mumbo jumbo

"On planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the stars a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs, whilst deep inside the ruined pyramid a malevolent intelligence awakes from centuries of dormancy.

The Marines story is an incredible fight against the odds, and the horrors lurking in the dark. Beset on all sides yet armed to the teeth, the Colonial Marine represents humanitys last stand with the firepower to fight back.

As the Alien, players will discover what its like to be the most murderous and lethal creature in the universe, with the ability to traverse any surface with awesome agility in order to get close enough to unleash its deadly teeth and claws.

A master of the hunt, the Predator grants the player a suite of exotic weaponry and equipment with which to stalk its unknowing prey. Earn the greatest honour by ambushing prey up-close and butchering them for a gory trophy kill."

However for some reason there may only be a PS3 version or timed exclusive on it, why I don't know!
This anger me. The games looks fucking amazing, even if purely for the fact that there's no HUD. And I can pretend I'm Hudson. Or Vasquez. Or Drake. Or Wiezerbowski. Or Frost. Or Apone. Or Dietrich. Or Hicks. Yas.

After doing a bit of searching it is coming out for both.

It's gearbox that is developing it (or was) and Rebellion doing AvP as per.

US, January 7, 2009 - Gearbox Software has revealed that Aliens: Colonial Marines, its highly-anticipated shooter, is on track for a first quarter 2009 release. This word comes roughly a month and a half after Gearbox president Randy Pitchford denied the rumor that the game had been cancelled.

Regarding the game's reported "halted" development, "Aliens isn't canned," Pitchford said back in November. Late last year, Gearbox laid off several employees. Some news publications estimated that 15 to 25 employees were let go. Gearbox's most notable, recent release was Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. The WWII shooter was met with lower-than-expected sales.

According to videogamer.com, even though Gearbox confirmed a Q1 2009 release period, the company is not ready to announce the exact release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Everywhere says TBA 2010, but at work its down for September PS3 only this year :S

Listen up. Aliens and Predators should never have existed in the same Universe except through an extremely subtle and cryptic build up across several movies. In short, this is all fucking bullshit and anyone involved in this fucking ridiculous project should be taken out and shot.

End of.

Listen up. Aliens and Predators should never have existed in the same Universe except through an extremely subtle and cryptic build up across several movies. In short, this is all fucking bullshit and anyone involved in this fucking ridiculous project should be taken out and shot.

End of.

The comic came out before the Xenomorph skull showed up in Predator 2.........

Looks nice! I think I'm more excited about Colonial Marines, for no other reason than the two words colonial and marines, associated with an Aliens game. But an updated console version of the PC games would be tight!

I happened across this site with nearly all of the Aliens games ever released. It's a nice bit of nostalgia.

Colony LV-426-Aliens Based Video Games

End of.

As mentioned dc comics was the breeding ground for the idea. It works just anything apart from the games (IE. the movies) makes it a joke. There was also Aliens vs Predator Vs Terminator... get your head around that one. Also Batman vs Predator, Superman Vs Aliens and then they did AvPvTvRobocop at somepoint...

• 4 months later...