aberdeen-music

Codes In The Clouds + Katerwaul + Matricarians

The more I think about it, the more I seem to entertain the thought that Codes in the Clouds are actually taking the piss. For a start, the band name is sort of akin. Secondly, their entire sonic dynamic is identical to Explosions in the Sky, right down to the guitar tone. And also, fuck me, can't they stand up straight when they play their guitars!? Again, a blatant reference point to Explosions in the Sky. Maybe they are having a big fuck-off laugh at our expense. Literally at our expense. Despite being proficient at what they do, they are kind of irrelevant.

I thought the guitar tone set the two apart by a fair bit, especially recorded.Did enjoy them more than I hought I would,gone of the genre a bit.

Katerwaul were class.

Thanks to all who came, worked out half decent especially for a monday

The more I think about it, the more I seem to entertain the thought that Codes in the Clouds are actually taking the piss. For a start, the band name is sort of akin. Secondly, their entire sonic dynamic is identical to Explosions in the Sky, right down to the guitar tone. And also, fuck me, can't they stand up straight when they play their guitars!? Again, a blatant reference point to Explosions in the Sky. Maybe they are having a big fuck-off laugh at our expense. Literally at our expense. Despite being proficient at what they do, they are kind of irrelevant.

+ 1

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the gig and the band were tight as...

but it was just like listening to a second string EITS.

Well, judging by some comments I'm not too bothered about missing Codes... However, I really must see Katerwaul soon...:up:

codes were very good at what they were doing it's just that it was a lot like explosions in the sky.

they also looked like their guitars were really really heavy and were dragging them to the ground. it was a bit silly. they made a fine noise though so it was all good.

I thought Katerwaul were fab. My better half thought they were bettert than Codes in the Clouds, who I was also enjoying.....but we had to get back for a decent bedtime.

We had a lot of fun doing our set, despite the usual loop-pedal problems near the end (would'nt switch between inputs, so looping tin whistle and moothie was out).

Many thanks to Tim for the night!

Thank you to every one for coming the other night. I'm just back from the Glasgow leg of their tour. Played 13th note and it was amazing!

I don't think anyone can judge a band for the way they play their instruments on stage. Although they can be likened to EITS I think they do make things their own. EITS have a lot of up beat driving tunes that Codes don't even begin to try and do. I particularly love the way they stray into vast space with just the two guitars playing really softly. A trait not many aspiring post rock bands have.

The guys were very grateful for the turn out and had a lovely time even though I was made to take them to Exodus.

And thanks for the kind words about Katerwaul. We've been on the down low recently finishing the Album. But now its out we're back in action and ready for danger ( Ry Walker )

Just want to say a quick thanks to Tim for indulging me in Cafe Drummond's last night. I was a tad squiffy but when I got home today I checked out Katerwaul and found their music to my liking. So I look forward to catching you guys the next time you're down in Glasgow.

All the best

Crag