aberdeen-music

Wizard Festival 2009

givemeasmile

I've noticed the headliners (Buzzcocks and Charlatans), but is there any word of local acts who have been confirmed? I imagine I'm in the same boat as every other band that applied when I say that we haven't heard back?

I'm not nagging or having a go at all to let you all know, I'm simply curious about the lineup.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Same here - haven't heard back from them yet. That said - the application deadline was 1st May. They probably have a lot to work through.

Far as I'm aware, bands will be asked to play local "showcase" gigs over the Summer and bands will get picked for the festival from there. Not a BOTB like last year thankfully - just an opportunity to get the applicants under one roof I guess.

I know the organiser works offshore, so there can be a couple of weeks at a time with zero activity, then a flurry of things happen when he's back onshore!

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get to play again - best weekend of the year!!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
The Wizard Festival 2009 - New Deer Showground Aberdeenshire

Quote from website...

'A big thank you to all artists who sent in demo applications, the selection process has now begun and those chosen to perform at the festival will be contacted over the next few weeks.'

cheers Ben

Cheers...

Fingers crossed we get to play again! If nae, I'll be there regardless to throw stuff jealously at the local bands that got to play ;)