aberdeen-music

Tera Melos

davidm

hey david. yeah - they're amazing. talked about briefly in the giraffes thread here;

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/music-discussion/55677-giraffes-giraffes.html

such a tight band. the hey sandy track is part of a covers release they did (other covers include the pixies and weezer). pretty sure the band stuck the whole thing up for free to download. it'll be interesting to hear how the 'real' new stuff sounds with the new drummer. apart from that the self titled is amazing. seriously can't get over how they manage to pack so much energy/talent/hooks into songs like that. theres the split with a band called by the end of tonight (that side isn't so great), too, and the drugs to the dear youth ep - some folk don't dig it cos of the vox on some tracks but i think the stuff is just as good. maybe a bit poppier/fun! also one of the craziest live bands ever.

this isn't some prerequisite to them coming over the uk and doing shows is it?

hey david. yeah - they're amazing. talked about briefly in the giraffes thread here;

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/music-discussion/55677-giraffes-giraffes.html

such a tight band. the hey sandy track is part of a covers release they did (other covers include the pixies and weezer). pretty sure the band stuck the whole thing up for free to download. it'll be interesting to hear how the 'real' new stuff sounds with the new drummer. apart from that the self titled is amazing. seriously can't get over how they manage to pack so much energy/talent/hooks into songs like that. theres the split with a band called by the end of tonight (that side isn't so great), too, and the drugs to the dear youth ep - some folk don't dig it cos of the vox on some tracks but i think the stuff is just as good. maybe a bit poppier/fun! also one of the craziest live bands ever.

this isn't some prerequisite to them coming over the uk and doing shows is it?

yeah, i've got the s/t and drugs to the dear youth (which is possibly my favourite so far anyway). oh man, the bit in 'ambassadors of all that is good' when the gigantic bass riff comes in is just one of the best bits in music, ever. the pixies cover up on their myspace is fantastic as well!

wish i had seen them when jeff worms was still in the band. some videos on youtube with him are beyond belief. think it'll be a long time before they're over in the uk unfortunately :(