aberdeen-music

Point of Origin Return Summer 2009

Guest Bob

Hi, I'm Robert Knight from Point of Origin.This past week thereve been a lot of questions about the current status of the band, and we wanted you to hear it straight from us. To put it simply, were back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In our bedrooms writing and recording our next album tentatively entitled "Our First Album". Preparing to tour Aberdeen's finest pubs yet again. Friendships reformed. 10 years deep in our legacy.

We worked together on the below press statement to clear up some questions about the return. We're not just getting back to cash in on a renewed interest caused by Milner's recent bicycle accident as some people have suggested. I repeat, that's not the reason. Statement follows:

Aberdeen, Grampian, Scotland (to set the scene)

May 15, 2009 Point of Origin Return

Expect to see the original 5th line-up of Ryan Massie, Robert Knight, Stephen Keith and David Milne back from a four year hiatus to bring their world back to ours. The band went on to say:

"We decided we were more disgusted and bored with the state of heavy popular music than we were with each other. Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognize there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of people we have not found anywhere else. This is why Limp Bizkit is back and it is also why Point of Origin is back."

Gig dates to follow.

You can find us on myspace while I will try to keep you all updated on my blog

Brilliant stuff!

Don't do a blink 182 and get all poignant on our asses though... witty lyrics about boobs and farts and sex with bagels please.

Disagree. Leave the boob and fart jokes in the 90s where they belong and stick to later POO, "Radio Song / Blink & You'll Miss It" era stuff with all them lovely harmonies.

good news indeed, i look forward to you playing a tour of east anglia sometime!

Awesome Del, we'll head on down right after we've completed our tour of North East Aberdeenshire.