aberdeen-music

DJ YODA/ Djamba/ Giles Walker - Korova - 23rd May

Djamba

YODA_flattened.jpg

Korova Club Launch Night

23rd May

15 (Advance tickets available from Oneup)

DJ Yoda

w/ Djamba & Giles Walker

DJ Yoda is one of Britains most admired, original club DJs and an AV pioneer who is constantly pushing the possibilities of audio-visual manipulation. Encapsulating the very essence of good times, DJ Yoda has transformed clubbing as we know it, throwing down styles as diverse as Hip-Hop, Funk, Baltimore Club, Drum n Bass and even Country music, all cut-up with a awe-inspiring selection of film, TV show and You Tube visuals that elevate his sets to the uniquely sublime. His keenly-defined sense of humour has captured the imagination of the masses making him possibly the only DJ in the world who can fill a club cutting the Indiana Jones theme music with dirty dubstep beats or 80s pop with New York rap. A judge for three years-worth of DMC DJ World Finals, tipped by Q Magazine as one of The 10 DJs you must see before you die and voted alongside DJ Premier as One of the Top Three DJs in the World in Hip-Hop Connection magazine, DJ Yoda represents a new brand of mix-master who can happily play any kind of music to make people dance.

best dj set i've ever seen/heard was when dj yoda played po na na's with giles. good times were had. but i don't go to much dj nights.

yes!! I saw him a couple of times there when the first cut and paste mix tapes had come out. Amazing, some of the best nights ever.

However, the last time I saw Dj Yoda at Kef it was really disapointing, what a lazy set . Hope he's back on form nowadays. On the strength of those early shows alone I would definitely recommend this.

No show con!!!

I went to Korova last night to see dj Yoda. However he didn't show up, instead we got some long haired local playing pish tunes all night!!! I asked the bouncers a few times when he was coming on and they kept saying half an hour, I was in the club from bout 11 till 3 and it was the same dj on all night, and he was s**t!!! The last time I asked the bouncer he just ignored me and walked off...Looks like they advertised Yoda when in fact he was never even booked!! Not a good way to start a club, conning koonts. I wouldn't recommend it and I def won't be going back....

I went to Korova last night to see dj Yoda. However he didn't show up, instead we got some long haired local playing pish tunes all night!!! I asked the bouncers a few times when he was coming on and they kept saying half an hour, I was in the club from bout 11 till 3 and it was the same dj on all night, and he was s**t!!! The last time I asked the bouncer he just ignored me and walked off...Looks like they advertised Yoda when in fact he was never even booked!! Not a good way to start a club, conning koonts. I wouldn't recommend it and I def won't be going back....

If this is true, then very poor show Korova.

However I assume the long-haired guy was Giles Walker, who is shit hot on most nights - there must of been a lot of pressure involved filling in for a headlining act who doesn't turn up.

Yeh amazing nyt, best nyt of d year so far by far. I think dat person dat sed he neva turned up must b makin it up 4 sum reason, it was obvious wen he came on without even lookin in the dj booth! :up:

ARRGHHHHHH, my eyes!!!!!!!

What the fuck?

Is that written in english?

On a side note, how is the club? Nice?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

freak...when I saw yoda in kef (not the last time but the time before that) the entire club was full of people saying that he wasn't there either! is this some kind of shit joke that surrounds every one of his gigs? i didn't go cos i had to run a race on sun

Both Giles and I have long hair, so it could have been either one he was talking about. Either way I took great offence, hence my angry post which got deleted. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Anyway, he definitely did turn up and yoda was on for a good 2 and a half hours.

Iain

Actually, no you don't. You can respond with the facts, and you can point out the mistakes in the previous posts, but personal abuse isn't tolerated on this site. If you have a problem with another member's conduct, use the Report Post function and it will be dealt with by the mods.

Oh, it must have been pretty bad then. I didn't see it.

Still though, a person is surely allowed to get angry on this site, and you can be angry without being insulting. Obviously on this occasion that wasn't the case but my post still stands.

haha oh man,

i know i shouldnt find it funny because its a shame he missed DJ Yoda,

but the guy who posted about not seeing DJ Yoda,

do you realise you must of been in the middle floor?

DJ Yoda, Giles Walker and Djamba were playing the new venue, in the basement (entrance on windmill brae).

Ben Weapon was DJing in the middle floor all night.

sorry you missed it man, it was really good and DJ Yoda was superb.

haha oh man,

DJ Yoda, Giles Walker and Djamba were playing the new venue, in the basement (entrance on windmill brae).

Hahahahahahahaha. Oh man! That's so funny.

Guest treader.
haha oh man,

If that's true....then that's pretty much the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

if he was on the middle floor then the bouncers mustve not had a clue wot was goin on!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
if he was on the middle floor then the bouncers mustve not had a clue wot was goin on!

Bouncers taking the piss per chance?

freak...when I saw yoda in kef (not the last time but the time before that) the entire club was full of people saying that he wasn't there either! is this some kind of shit joke that surrounds every one of his gigs? i didn't go cos i had to run a race on sun

Obviously a lot of people, including yourself, do not know what he looks like then. I also doubt the 'entire club' were saying that. He played on the stage right in front of the crowd literally 2 metres away!. He was using his video set up and the visuals were up on the screen displaying his name on numerous occasions. Do you need photos as proof?

Yoda has never missed a gig in Aberdeen as far as I can remember.