aberdeen-music

Limited edition '52 "Thin Skin" Telecaster

Mac Atom

I'm putting this guitar up on here on behalf of a friend of mine who is coming up from Newcastle at the end of the month for some gigs. Thought someone in Aberdeen might be interested as this is an AWESOME guitar.

52 Tele, "thin skin" nitro lacquer, limited edition. In butterscotch blonde. Almost brand new, except for very light play wear on the pick guard. Absolutely amazing guitar. Only a very few made as part of a commission for Dave's Guitars, Wildwood Guitars and Music Machine Guitars. They do not have any of these left as they sold out very quickly indeed. The thin Skins they have left are going for between 1299 & 1399. If you search ebay for "Fender Thin Skin" you MIGHT find one. This guitar comes with immaculate tweed case, certificate of authenticity, vintage strap and bridge cover as well as ALL hang tags.

Price 1100 or best offer.

Contact Paul at paul@paulrose.co.uk

Alternatively you could PM me for Paul's mobile number.

Here's a video of Paul himself playing this guitar, sounds amazing!

Cheers!

n757980947_2292100_3064940.jpg

n757980947_2292101_7918311.jpg

that's a beautiful guitar. *sigh*

A nice guitar indeed, but lets put things in perspective, it's actually lower spec than the 52 reissue Teles which can be had brand new for around the same price.

I remember these when they came out, they were going for around $1400 dollars I recall at a time when you were getting about $2 to the pound, so even taking into account import duty etc (if he paid any) he's still looking for quite a tidy mark up on a used guitar.

The ones they do have left come with a humbucker at the neck (which would be even more appealing to me) and some 62 reissues with cool custom colours.

Wildwood Guitars | Electrics | Fender | American Vintage "Thin Skin NItro" Special Lacquer Series '52 Tele w/ Humbucker

Wildwood Guitars | Electrics | Fender | American Vintage "Thin Skin NItro" Special Lacquer Series '62 Telecaster

At $1600 with the current exchange rate I reckon it would work out about 1300 to import after all duties and stuff, but I have dealt with Steve at Wildwood before and it's worth haggling with him.

But as I say, you can get a 52 reissue here in the UK for about the same price and it's higher spec.

Paul has asked me to post up a slightly ammended version of the ad. For some reason I can't edit my original post any more so here it is:

52 Telecaster, "Thin Skin" nitro lacquer, limited edition. In butterscotch blond, medium jumbo frets. Feels and sounds magnificent and in pretty much brand new condition, except for very light play wear on the pick guard. Absolutely amazing guitar. Made as part of a commission for Dave's Guitars, Wildwood Guitars and Music Machine Guitars in the USA. They do not have any of these left as they sold out very quickly indeed. These guitars were never officially made available on the UK/European market with only very few were imported by private dealers. The Thin Skins they have left are going for between 1299 & 1499. If you search ebay for "Fender Thin Skin" you might find one. This guitar has never gigged or even been out of the house. Comes with immaculate original tweed case, certificate of authenticity dated May 06, vintage strap, bridge cover and all hang tags. price 1100 or best offer plus 20 p&p. Guitar will be very well packed in box with much padding and protection.