aberdeen-music

Underground Scene

FatHand

UndergroundScene

Haven't spent much time on it before but I've been on this site today to promote a gig we're putting on in Aberdeen. I saw that some other folks from Aberdeen were using it. Are there many Aberdeen folks using this site to network/organise gigs/promote gigs? Dundee isn't that far really, might be good to make use of that fact more than we do? Pretty sure if there is a good gig in Aberdeen that is not happening in Dundee folk would make an effort and vice versa. Noticed a couple of Dundee bands scouting for gigs recently... anyone done the same on underground scene?

Don't know if it's something the folks who run this site fancy doing but maybe having a links tab at the top to other Scottish forums, make it easier to say what's going on in Aberdeen, more obvious for folk trying to discover other sites and would be nice to have it all in a convenient package when blitzing the advertising.

Not sure if this is maybe a comments and suggestions but there are definitely some discussion points.

Its no the busiest of forums but tis home! A greater degree of North- East forum link- up would be a hugely logical step in my opinion, also.

I was under the impression UGS wasn't strictly for the Dundee folk as such, it just so happens a bunch of people use it?! either way, you're most definitely right. I always for get to go on and forget about gigs. Do some of the CDH guys from edinburgh not post their gigs on there too?

Well think I'm going to start using it on a regular basis for advertising and getting a jist of what's going on maybe get some contacts. We definitely want to get some funk gigs going on in Dundee. Any of you Dundee guys know if there is anything along these lines going on? Are there any funk/hip hop groups going around?

Could easily get a gig swap sorted. Musically what we are after has to be along these lines as we're keeping our night specifically to this region of music. No funk/soul cover bands either, there are enough weddings and corporate events for them to play at, got to be original music.