aberdeen-music

Lemuria + support @ The Tunnels - 18th June

I don't want to echo Original Spies' and Old Gold's sentiments for fear of being insulted for being "up their asses". But I agree with their statements regarding Inksters quote.

i intended to give "original spies" reputation for his last post but i can't cos i have to "spread some reputation around" first

i intended to go to this show but i can't now due to another commitment. a hex upon unforseen commitments, fie!

i still intend to get hold of a "a guy called guy" cd though. huw, ross, could you save me one? cheers, ta/

i intended to give "original spies" reputation for his last post but i can't cos i have to "spread some reputation around" first

i intended to go to this show but i can't now due to another commitment. a hex upon unforseen commitments, fie!

i still intend to get hold of a "a guy called guy" cd though. huw, ross, could you save me one? cheers, ta/

fo' showe!

So your saying it is known for a promoter to miss gigs they are putting on sometimes, other than Inkster of course?

Yes? That isn't what I was argueing. I just don't see the point in putting on a show if you aren't going to be there. Unless you are trying to do it purely for the cash. Which I think is a bit shit.

Yes? That isn't what I was argueing. I just don't see the point in putting on a show if you aren't going to be there. Unless you are trying to do it purely for the cash. Which I think is a bit shit.

So all gig promotion should be done to support bands not for someone to make money from?

Would you have the same problem with DF concerts?

LOL

So your saying you'd rather Lemuria didn't come and play Aberdeen because I can't be there even though other people involved with Nitrogen will be?

o_O

LOL

So your saying you'd rather Lemuria didn't come and play Aberdeen because I can't be there even though other people involved with Nitrogen will be?

o_O

Thats not what he's saying though really.His viewpoint being whats the point of putting a band on if your not going to see them

Also if you didnt do it I would have :)

Thats not what he's saying though really.His viewpoint being whats the point of putting a band on if your not going to see them

Also if you didnt do it I would have :)

Cool.Glad to see someone else would've done it.

I booked the date to help out the band and Dave House before realising I wouldn't be in the city. Was hoping to catch one of the other dates but it's not possible.

the new Maxwell for a good while now with his "controversial" posts and his inkster bashing

Don't bring me into this, I am not trying to be anything, I just said what was on my mind at the time.

ps. Inkster, I'm not an internet basher: I'm just a twat with an opinion. I'll generally give the same opinion in the flesh if the subject is broached.

is nitrogen promotions actually a registred company?

Don't bring me into this, I am not trying to be anything, I just said what was on my mind at the time.

ps. Inkster, I'm not an internet basher: I'm just a twat with an opinion. I'll generally give the same opinion in the flesh if the subject is broached.

is nitrogen promotions actually a registred company?

Sorry it wasnt my intentions to bring you into this discussion, only used you as a reference i think we have covered your thoughts on Nitrogen lol.

I see.

What's the point in putting a band on if you don't go and see them?!

Buisness, helping a band out, helping a venue that may have asked you, you could have booked them and something else has come up, there are plenty reasons a promoters job is to get people through the door, not to watch the bands.

Well it was rebutting your post above, so if my answer has nothing to do with what I was talking about, then neither does what you were on about. Put simply: I understand it may be different for commercial promoters and bands where people are doing it for reasons other than purely the enjoyment of the music (and that's fine if that's what they want to do), but with this type of gig and this type of band, getting to see the band tends to be pretty much the long and the short of the motivation for doing the gig.