aberdeen-music

Belleruche 18th June @ BLUE LAMP

Funk Machine Present:

Belleruche

Like Sarah Vaughan, Charlie Christian and Cut Chemist stuck in a dusty second hand record store with wine and a sampler, Belleruche make turntable soul music.

The band was born out of a shared love of old vinyl, true funk and real soul music

Support from

Super Six Funk Machine

Super Six Funk Machine, based in Aberdeen, play their own original and unique party funk music. Over the last 6 months they have developed a loyal fan base of people who love to funk it up on the dance floor.

DJ sets from:

Kid Bell and QBC/Reknology

Thurs 18th June BLUE LAMP

Doors 8pm

Entry 8 - Advanced tickets available from OneUp and Earl of Sandwich.

Student discount ON DOOR ONLY 6 (must provide student ID)

I highly recomend that you check out the Belleruche website (link just there) and their music tab as you can pretty much listen to everything that they've recorded. Chris and I love this stuff a lot which is why we decided to bring them to Aberdeen. We hope to bring more acts like this to Aberdeen throughout the rest of the year as part of the promotion side of our bands - Funk Machine Presents.

Check out our myspaces for stuff we're getting up to and listen to our music:

l_8a41e8229a7c4b67ae080a33f724086b.jpg

Thats 3 days after my bday, If I go Colin, will you dedicate a song to me?

Absolutely.

Are you remembering about Friday?

Just for anyone who is interested in Funk Machine events, we will be throwing one in Cellar 35 this Friday. Pretty sure it's the same folk that check out our posts every time so this gig is for you guys... free to get in and a whole lot of fun. It's kind of our 6 month gigging party and a thanks to everyone for coming along and making our nights so enjoyable.

8 for a Blue Lamp gig may seem a little on the pricey side, but this will be a tremendous show. Belleruche are absolutely sublime, and with the powerhouse group Super Six Funk Machine in support AND DJ sets from qb-C and Reknology of Az-I Cool this is well worth the entrance fee and a fling on a school night!

I take it you've never been to a gig at the Blue Lamp before? 8 is cheaper than usual :p

I shall definitely be making it along to this.

We're trying to price people in rather than out, no point in being greedy for the sake of a few pounds. It's much better having people through the door paying slightly less in my opinion. People who haven't heard of Belleruche may be willing to take a chance at 8.

Why don't you support local talent and pay them...i.e. Chemical Callum,then you wouldn't have to charge 8 and you would get some proper funk!:up:

I do pay local talent, better than most in fairness. We are taking the plunge with this kind of act so that we can all benefit in the long run. We will spread the love around when we're properly set up. Big learning curve putting on a regular night and trying to make it work. Cheers for the interest and we'll get Callum and friends into future endevours no doubt.:up:

Guest droid

I haven't seen CC Retrosexual funk family fusion advertised as playing on any of your gigs,why would that be...too expensive maybe? If you want quality you have to pay for it!Those guys are all professional musicians.8-)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I haven't seen CC Retrosexual funk family fusion advertised as playing on any of your gigs,why would that be...too expensive maybe? If you want quality you have to pay for it!Those guys are all professional musicians.8-)

Why don't YOU run a regular clubnight and book them yourself?