aberdeen-music

James Yorkston & Lisa Knapp at The Lemon Tree

TuneUp presents

James Yorkston & Lisa Knapp

A collaborative tour bringing together two major names from the nu-folk field; James Yorkston from Scotland and rising star Lisa Knapp from England. Featuring work from new albums by each artist and with accompanying musicians drawn from the bands of both artists, this is their first Scottish tour. Part of Tune Up tour.

"A couple of my favourite aspects of being a working musician are visiting interesting places and collaborating with other musicians. Tune-Up allows for both - a great prospect. I've worked with Lisa Knapp before, but only on one-off events; the thought of playing with her and her band throughout a tour is something I look forward to. Musically, I expect this tour to be one of the highlights of an already busy looking year."

James Yorkston

Tune Up - Music Touring Across Scotland - 2008/09

In my rush to get the post up I neglected to mention it was Friday 15 May, doors 9pm.

We don't currently have the exact running times for this, but work on the assumption that the first act will be on between 9.30pm and 9.45pm. As this is a seated show it's worth your while coming down a little early to avoid sitting behind a pillar (the perennial curse of the LT!).

Both acts are brilliant and this show should be an absolute cracker.

There's also concession prices for all you students, unemployed, over 60s, under 16s and APA Friends out there!