aberdeen-music

Cubase/EZDrummer Problem.

berni907

I've been using Cubase SX3 and i'm totally confused. I recorded the guitar and bass parts along with the metronome and then started adding drums in with EZdrummer. EZDrummer is a f*cking brilliant program but my problem with it, is that it will only go through cubase in a midi track, which obviously causes a problem when making an audio mixdown, 'cause if i export the midi file, when i play it back, it plays back as a midi piano. In other words instead of hearing drums, i hear piano. It's doing my nut in! Anyone know how to make it audio?

ps: can i please stress that nobody says "just play it back and record it with a microphone" 'cause it sounds bloody AWFUL!

cheers.

Berni

Yeah, solo the drum track and export into a new track in the audio mixdown option, think this is in the file menu. Make it a wav file to maintain the quality of your tracks before you do a mixdown.

You could try rewiring fruityloops into cubase as another option... I find this a very flexible option. :up:

Guest droid

ez drummer

I don't know if this will help,i run logic pro and there is the facility to convert a midi track to audio.Not sure if you can do that in cubase.....good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, solo everything that you want contained within that bounce, eg Just Drums, or Drums thru some effect, or drums plus a loop, drums plus bass etc, depends on how your computer is at handling audio. The midi piano is the default General Midi sound source on all sound chips, there is a bit on the track info that probably reads 'not connected', usually when you click on this it will give an option to connect to whichever VST instruments have been initialised, in your case EZ Drummer. If this doesn't work then search for cubase tutorials on the net, there must be loads.