aberdeen-music

Drummer wanted for funk band

S2art

Hey,

I'm Stuart. Well we already have a bassist, alto saxophonist, guitarist and singer and all we need is a drummer for the time being.

We're looking to do soul/funk in the realm of Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind & Fire, Bee Gees, Bill Withers, and what the hell good ol' Michael Jackson- that sort of thing. Thinking about funking up some old and new tunes you wouldn't normally associate with it too. We're also all very much into jazz, metal, prog, electronic and classical music so are open to any influenced person...

I myself think this kind of band is missing from the area. I think it would be popular for parties, weddings and nights out as pretty much anyone can dance to it (I defy you not to!)

As long as you can groove, you PM me.

Thanks!

Stuart

Guest droid
Hey,

I'm Stuart. Well we already have a bassist, alto saxophonist, guitarist and singer and all we need is a drummer for the time being.

We're looking to do soul/funk in the realm of Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind & Fire, Bee Gees, Bill Withers, and what the hell good ol' Michael Jackson- that sort of thing. Thinking about funking up some old and new tunes you wouldn't normally associate with it too. We're also all very much into jazz, metal, prog, electronic and classical music so are open to any influenced person...

I myself think this kind of band is missing from the area. I think it would be popular for parties, weddings and nights out as pretty much anyone can dance to it (I defy you not to!)

As long as you can groove, you PM me.

Thanks!

Stuart

Wouldn't call the BeeGees ,Bill Withers or Jacko funk dude....lolz Aberdeen sure aint no funky place either.....good luck though!

Yeah but it's still soul...pretty much. I'm not really into genres... it's all music man!

Also possibly doing Average White Band, Herbie Hancock, Rolls Royce... that kind of thing.

We may also need keys...

Stu X

Soul/funk whatever, do it well and you're on to a good thing. Do your own and you can come play a funk machine night.

Guest droid
Yeah but it's still soul...pretty much. I'm not really into genres... it's all music man!

Also possibly doing Average White Band, Herbie Hancock, Rolls Royce... that kind of thing.

We may also need keys...

Stu X

Soul is a genre isn't it......there is a drummer called Kris Elliot,he's your man for funk,you will hard pushed to find funky keys in Aberdeen.Good luck man,keep us posted on gigs and keep it on the one!:laughing: