Aberdeen Student Radio present

Sergeant plus guests

Thursday 14, doors 7.30pm, tickets 7 + bf

TuneUp present

James Yorkston & Lisa Knapp

Friday 15, doors 9pm, tickets 12/10 + bf

Hot Club of Cowtown plus Smokin' Catfish

Monday 18, doors 7.30pm, tickets 12.50 + bf

Tickets for all shows can be bought at boxofficeaberdeen.com or by phone 01224 641122.

We also have free lunchtime gigs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Doors 12pm, food served until 3pm.

Would quite fancy Sergeant but 7 is again a tad over the top. Know for a fact they arent on a lot at all in fact very small fee. Still what can you do, apart from not go!

Knowing how much the costs are to hire the Lemon Tree and put on a show there, I would say 7 is pretty reasonable.

Not saying those costs are all valid, but that's the reality of the situation.

Knowing how much the costs are to hire the Lemon Tree and put on a show there, I would say 7 is pretty reasonable.

Not saying those costs are all valid, but that's the reality of the situation.

Aye true, not saying its the fault of who put the gig on but that part of the whole overlying issue with The Lemon Tree. They still do the whole over priced thing on the shows they put on themselves and thats with them not having to pay a hire fee. I dont know how much it is to hire The Lemon Tree but I wasnt cheap to hire Moshulu when I put Sergeant on either but you kind of have to take a hit. I hear it was dead for their gig which is a shame. We got 200 odd at our one. Maybe 200 at a decent price is better than no one at 7.

Thats all Im saying. Just think if things were more reasonable theyd get more in and make more on the bar and so on and so on.

This show appears to have had minimal publicity, whys that then? (possibly a little expensive too, 10-12 sounds a lot better but hey, thats another issue).

Even the three to four quid gigs at Drummonds even get a thread on here, but drift away if they're posted too early.

I've said before, the local gig listings, on the interweb, need a f**king shake up in the Aberdeen area. This forum is decent, but theres no order whatsoever and full of bumpage or love-ins with certain bands. The other gig listing bit on here lists about half the stuff thats actually on. The Kiosque websites having a go at it but it could still be better (with myspaz links, approx stage times for people who want to catch two different shows in one night, etc).

When we were in the Lemon Tree on Thursday for the Sergeant show, I was pretty much astounded at some of the stuff that's on at the Lemon Tree that hasn't seemed to have been promoted that much (Average White Band, for example?). Maybe I'm just being blind but I'm on the go in town quite a lot and I haven't seen posters for that kind of stuff.

In other news, Sergeant were pretty decent, if a bit obvious. I can see why they've caught on.