aberdeen-music

Friday 5th June in Aberdeen

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

There's some pretty fantastisch live music on 5th June...

Exposure @ Lemon Tree with I | R | L / Right Hand Left / Marionettes / Cast of the Capital

The Little Kicks album launch @ The Tunnels

and something else very good which clashes, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Can someone enlighten me please? :)

(ps. it's not BrokeNCYDE @ Moshulu. I remember about that, but it's not really a "clash" given that the Little Kicks et al aren't very crunk-orientated)

I saw a gig listing or a poster somewhere and had a wee groan to myself as it was something else clashing that I would have liked to go to!

Cheers

Aye that's the one - they have quite a big following don't they?

EDIT: Although I don't think I thought "fuck, I'd love to go watch them at Tiger Tiger" More, just a fuck - that's another indie-based gig on the same night!

Guest idol_wild
Aye that's the one - they have quite a big following don't they?

EDIT: Although I don't think I thought "fuck, I'd love to go watch them at Tiger Tiger" More, just a fuck - that's another indie-based gig on the same night!

I've never seen The Locals play to more than about 20 mates really. And those 20 mates seem very unlikely to attend any other gig that night. Or any night.

I'd suggest you're losing absolutely none of your demographic from that particular clash. :up:

I've never seen The Locals play to more than about 20 mates really. And those 20 mates seem very unlikely to attend any other gig that night. Or any night.

I'd suggest you're losing absolutely none of your demographic from that particular clash. :up:

I was just typing exactly that, few times ive seen them they have had their own following and very little else, and as said those people arnt your usual gig going crowd, more just too see the locals. Although i think they won some battle of the bands thing not long ago so maybe they have gathered a few more fans.

Ah right - I've never seen The Locals - someone once told me they sold 120 tickets for a gig they played in Aberdeen.

This thread has turned out a bit pointless actually. My stupid memory was telling me it was something else really good on the same night I would have liked to attend, meaning I'd miss that as well as the Little Kicks gig and that some indie fans would be torn between which of the 3 gigs to go to.

Alas, I was talking pish.

Still pissed off I'm going to miss the Little Kicks album launch, I've been a follower since Populous merged into Little Kicks, and have been to many of their gigs. Would have loved to have been at it but it's just not going to happen. :(