aberdeen-music

Giraffes? Giraffes!

Teabags

Anyone heard of them. Heard their new album and it's fucking amazing. Reminds me of USAisamonster or a very melodic Lightning Bolt.

l_56c25bf5e7683c9abf8484fea3ae4140.jpg

GIRAFFES? GIRAFFES! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"Let's suppose that you were able, any night, to dream any dream that you wanted to dream, and you could for example have the power within one night to dream 75 years of time; or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally, as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfill all of your wishes. You would have 'every' kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say "Well, that was pretty great." But now let's, um, let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is going to happen to me that I don't know what it's going to be. And you would dig that and come out of that and say "Wow that, that was a close shave wasn't it?" And then you would get more and more adventurous, and would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally you would dream where you are now.

You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today."

I don't REALLY see the lightning bolt thing either, but its the only other real band I could anywhere near compare them to. I'm not really a big fan of Lightning Bolt.

More Skin is just fucking incredible. When the monologue on song 2 came on just as I got to the door of my work, I had a beaming smile plastered on my puss.

Awww what!

After we've been writing our band name Krabs? Krabs! for ages another band appears using the same 'animal name - question mark - animal name - exclamation mark' formula. Fucking hell.

Obviously the main difference is this band have actually recorded songs so they win really. I quite enjoyed them.

yeah, this band are crucial. more skin with milk-mouth is tots rad - apparently the new album is out soon? don't really see the lightning bolt thing. sound really like a band called tera melos - tera melos on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - and even hella at times.

That Tera Melos cover of Hey Sandy is fuckingGREAT!