aberdeen-music

bassment/moshulu management

Metarie

Would you prefer your P45 now or will just duct tape it to your forehead the next time you drink yourself unconscious??
Wait till I'm unconscious. Might need to laminate or something though, cos I won't be able to read and will prob think it says something along the lines of "free teabagging, just insert testicles" and try and rip it up.

For starters, i'm 99% percent certain you (or Sarah) asked me about this the other day when you were in, and i'm pretty certain i explained it then. It's quite a specific issue which only effects a handful of individuals at most, so i dont really think it warrants a whole thread on this forum.

Anyway, no worries and absolutely no harm explaining it again.

We have always been very welcoming to our staff over the years, and besides those who have been fired, we have never had a problem with the bar/PR staff coming in and putting their well earned cash back behind the bar. I also think we've been perhaps too forgiving on many occasions with staff coming in off-duty in all sorts of states.

We are under new management and have introduced the policy where, if staff want to come into the bar and drink at any point they have to ask permission of the management before doing so. This is still a completely reasonable system we feel and basically means we are aware of any off-duty staff on the premesis.

However, we recently had a couple of issues arise which we would like to exclude the staff from. So until these are recified, the blanket ban will remain. I would like to add we are hoping to ease off on the staff as soon as we can. I have been in meetings with the rest of the Management team and we are all aware that at least in the Bar, there is little harm in having off duty staff on the premesis. Especially when, like you say, they and their friends are willing to come in on days off and spend the cash. Alas I can't have one rule for some people and other for the rest so for the time being it will remain.

Hope that clears it up some.

Cheers,

Rass

Thanks Rass :) Chances are we've all mentioned it to someone at some time when we've been in but it's been tricky actually getting a full answer. The thread was more to get everything explained than to complain. I was considering writing to the management but wasn't 100% sure who that was exactly and you more than Steve know how often us lot pop in for a quick pint or two.

Thanks again!

I think the law mentioned earlier is simply that a license holder can't be drunk on the premises they hold the license for, not all staff.

If it applied to all staff I'd be quitting my job at the moorings tomorrow.

Does that include Personal Licence Holders too?

EDIT: Just Read Flash's post.