aberdeen-music

Getting a Rabbit (No not a Vibrator)

sexytunk

My little one is desperate for a rabbit for her birthday, but I have a few concerns.

1) That I'll have to actually move to look after it as it will neeed a lot of looking after

2) It'll be expensive to keep

3) That I will need to keep it entertained

4) Will it be OK in a Hutch all day on it's own

5) Will it bite me, forcing me to kick the little shits puss in, therfore upsetting everyone!

If anyone has experiences in keeping Rabbits please let me know if getting one is a good idea?

As long as it's got a hutch it can get in and out of by itself and a run it will be fine and won't need much looking after. It won't need entertaining as long as it's got plenty room to run around, and all you have to do is take it out some food and water once a day and clean out the hutch and give it fresh straw every week or so. It won't bite either, they're generally pretty docile.

Two things to be wary of:

1 - They are really bad for escaping. And they are a nightmare to catch again if they do.

2 - They make easy prey for foxes, cats etc. It can be pretty upsetting for your daughter to come out to see her rabbit in the morning and find it's had it's head bitten off. That happened to me and my rabbit when I was a kid :( My girlfriend had rabbits when she was little and came out one morning and some sick fuck had shot them both in their run.

My girlfriend had rabbits when she was little and came out one morning and some sick fuck had shot them both in their run.

That's fucking horrible. My first rabbit was amazing, but died after like 5 months with some form of brain damage apparently. Funnily enough for a 7 year old I wasn't upset by this at all- got a new rabbit the next week and life carried on. Maybe I was just hard as nails back then.

Yeah, my cousins rabbit was mauled by a fox or something. Body was in the hutch and they never found the head :(

The thing to consider is that rabbits are better living in pairs or with guinea pigs so you may end up with double the responsibility. How old is your kid? Maybe something smaller and more affectionate would be better because I don't think that rabbits are the cuddliest of creatures.

No most people find it hard to believe that someone would cohabit with me

Particularly when you don't satisfy them in the bedroom department......you must be a good cook :laughing:

I've never owned a rabbit of either description but did once wake up to find a fox rummaging in the top drawer of my girlfriend's bedside cabinet.....

Particularly when you don't satisfy them in the bedroom department......you must be a good cook :laughing:

I've never owned a rabbit of either description but did once wake up to find a fox rummaging in the top drawer of my girlfriend's bedside cabinet.....

No not really a good cook, but I am absolutely amazing at driving to Burger King!

Rats are good first pets for kids, they are usualy friendly if handled right, they dont require that much looking after and they are ace to watch and train.

Never had a rabbit myself so couldnt really comment on them.

Would I have to buy a sewer to keep it in?

Rats are brilliant pets.

I'm sure they are, not doubting it at all. But I'm also shit scared of them and my daughter probably wouldn't be, so there is absolutely no chance I'm gonna let her look harder than me in front of the neighbours, when I'm running to the bottom of the garden with shit running down my leg to get away from it, and she just picks it up. Not gonna happen

• Upvote 1

I'm sure they are, not doubting it at all. But I'm also shit scared of them and my daughter probably wouldn't be, so there is absolutely no chance I'm gonna let her look harder than me in front of the neighbours, when I'm running to the bottom of the garden with shit running down my leg to get away from it, and she just picks it up. Not gonna happen

scared of rats??!!!

you pussy!! rats are great pets, very smart and they actually realise you are their owners and you do get a slight emotional attachment to them, unlike hamsters or gerbils. Just dont get an all white one and you will be fine, they dont bite unless very scared if you handle them when they are young and they only nip unlike other small animals that hang onto you when they bite. They are very clean animals and only require you to clean the cage once a week. Food is easy as well, they will easily eat anything you put in the cage. Be good for your wee girl if she trained them, a good way to learn how to deal with animals.

scared of rats??!!!

you pussy!! rats are great pets, very smart and they actually realise you are their owners and you do get a slight emotional attachment to them, unlike hamsters or gerbils. Just dont get an all white one and you will be fine, they dont bite unless very scared if you handle them when they are young and they only nip unlike other small animals that hang onto you when they bite. They are very clean animals and only require you to clean the cage once a week. Food is easy as well, they will easily eat anything you put in the cage. Be good for your wee girl if she trained them, a good way to learn how to deal with animals.

Oi Oi steady on, no, no, actually your right, guilty as charged! Milner do you have any fears or phobias, of anything? Come on, you've got to give me the chance to get my own back?

Oi Oi steady on, no, no, actually your right, guilty as charged! Milner do you have any fears or phobias, of anything? Come on, you've got to give me the chance to get my own back?

Im scared of Blink 182 stealing all our new point of origin songs........

Im also scared of getting caught, make of that what you will :p

If your little one is so desperate for a rabbit then she should know how to look after it. It's not you that should be worrying about all of that!

This is pretty harsh, she is not old enough to have that responsibility solely put on her, although I would expect her to do as much as she can. And of course it is my worry for any decisons I make for my children, it's the joys of being a parent.

lucky can lather me up anytime he likes as long as he gets those hard to reach places.

we should watch tho, this is going terrible off topic and might be boring for those who have no interest in hot soapy baths, frosty doesnt like these kinda things :D

Maybe the thought of you and Lucky being naked in a shower with masses of sudds is doing it for him?