aberdeen-music

FRIDAY 5th JUNE::THE LITTLE KICKS ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY! @ THE TUNNELS - 5.00

FRIDAY 5th JUNE:

THE LITTLE KICKS ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY!

@ THE TUNNELS

5 entry

7.30pm doors

(ticket details to follow):

To celebrate the release of our album (exact release date and details to follow) we are having a party in the Tunnels on June 5th.

Itll be our first Aberdeen gig of the year and first in a LONG time (with new songs to boot) and have invited some friends along to play with us!

THE LITTLE KICKS

THE LITTLE KICKS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

CHUTES

CHUTES on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

INDIAN RED LOPEZ

I | R | L * EP OUT NOW * on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Includes free entry to Indo Silver Club afterwards - till 3am.

Ticket details / stage times to follow:

x

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Na - there was a bit of a mix up. IRL will not be playing at the Tunnels. I do believe the Little Kicks dudes have something sexy to announce as the 2nd support though.

I wish I could go to this gig.

unfortunately, IRL arent playing no.

my mistake, jumped the gun a bit and thought they were free to play.

well get an opening support announced shortly!

Listening to the final mixes / mastered album at the moment (all we need now is artwork and its done) - feeling pretty damn good about it and looking forward to letting people hear it.

yeah, finally eh.

we only started it two novembers ago for fucks sake!

fuck it tho, it has beneffited from time id say.

if wed had had an album ready for when we came off the back of tinthpark period / supported maximo park (likely when we had most exposure or things going on arguably) itd have maybe been better timing but it wouldnt have been as good - weve dropped a lot of those songs and moved on i think - so its all good.

I guess that saying about having forever to make your first record is quite true.

opening act to be confirmed by end of weekend.

picking up tickets today and available by contacting me / the band.

good times.

After much toing and froing with various acts, we are just going to keep it to a two band bill.

We may add someone in the near future but need to start properly promoting this so with that in mind will get to it!

Well get some good DJs on to play some decent songs early doors and keep everyone entertained and doors are at 8pm so there wont be too long a wait for the first band.

album details will be up soon and hope plenty people save their pocket money for the launch!

x

bumpity bump!

Holy shit, where did you materialise from!? I thought you'd moved to another universe and got beamed straight onto stage for Little Kicks gigs, and then beamed away at the end of the set...

I propose another Friday night of stripped down Little Kicks tunes at the campsite at Wizard Festival this year...

And - back on topic - looking forward to listening to the new album :)

Holy shit, where did you materialise from!? I thought you'd moved to another universe and got beamed straight onto stage for Little Kicks gigs, and then beamed away at the end of the set...

Steve keeps me locked in a box in his bedroom. It is some horrific boxing Helena fetish he has!

We've uploaded 2 songs to a website called Supajam.

You can register and vote for us to play at Benicassim 2009. (Nice and handy as were all going anyway!)

Supajam New Music | Unsigned Bands | Music Stories | Record Deals | FIB

Check it out for more info. You can't vote till 16th of May though and even then the voting only lasts for 2 weeks - so put a pin in it to remember :o)

Were currently sitting in the top 50/ 60 so any votes - cheers.

I hate these kind of things (its also an awful old photo) but anyone whos been to beni will testify - it would be awesome!

Cheers,

Also, album details

here - boom!

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/news-announcements/55963-little-kicks-boxing-clever-debut-album-out-june-5th.html#post748631

Guest idol_wild
Just back from four dates of fun away.

Cant wait for Friday and hope to see you all there.

How did it all go, comrade?

I should be along on Friday at some point. But you're clashing with something very important - the Beer Festival. I suspect I'll head down 10/11ish, will I still catch you guys?

tour and times

The tour was ace fun. We played some good shows, tried out some new songs that seemed to go down really well, sold some merchandise, had very little sleep and got rather drunk all the time. The 5 days have all blurred in to one very good time.

I think we are on going to be on stage at 11 ish on Friday. You should try and get down for 10 as that's when the Chutes are on and they are a great live band.

I am really looking forward to our album launch!

Guest idol_wild
The tour was ace fun. We played some good shows, tried out some new songs that seemed to go down really well, sold some merchandise, had very little sleep and got rather drunk all the time. The 5 days have all blurred in to one very good time.

I think we are on going to be on stage at 11 ish on Friday. You should try and get down for 10 as that's when the Chutes are on and they are a great live band.

I am really looking forward to our album launch!

Coolbeans - I'll head down for just before 11; managed to catch The Chutes a few times and they just don't do it for me. I suspect I'll be utterly inebriated, though, so apologies in advance if I heckle something stupid like "BUS WANKERS" or "YOU BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE BUMDERS". It won't be intentional. Well, the heckling will be. But not the slur itself.

Unless, of course, you are a bunch of bus wanking bumders. Which I doubt you are.

I can confirm that the Little Kicks boys enjoy to wank buses.

Not sure if they're bumders though. They probably are.

;)

Coolbeans - I'll head down for just before 11; managed to catch The Chutes a few times and they just don't do it for me. I suspect I'll be utterly inebriated, though, so apologies in advance if I heckle something stupid like "BUS WANKERS" or "YOU BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE BUMDERS". It won't be intentional. Well, the heckling will be. But not the slur itself.

Unless, of course, you are a bunch of bus wanking bumders. Which I doubt you are.

Plenty of time afterwards to head to the Lemon Tree for the IRL set as well :up:

and bus wanking is very popular amongst bands these days. I should know.

I'm a bus.

Was going to put stage times up but theyre all a bit rough at the moment so ill leave it!

but you should head down and see the opening band at 9pm - Cadillac - the best country and western band youll ever see in the North East and great pals of ours.

followed by Chutes and ourselves.

Then after that you have the triple headed beast that is Patrick Shearer, myself and Funky Transport spinning till 3am.

cant.wait.

x