aberdeen-music

SPYAMP + INAME + MOLINEUX // The Black Tooth Rock Lounge // Snafu

The Ghost Of Fudge

For all you fans of overdriven melodic post-rock -

Fudge and Snafu present, at their Black Tooth Rock Lounge night, Monday 8th June:

Dundee's SPYAMP formed in 1999. The band were T-Break winners in 2001 and followed this with support slots with Oxes, Tribute to Nothing and 99, and were recorded live by Radio 1 Session in Scotland supporting Biffyclyro. Debut album 'GTi' was released on Pet Piranha Records late in 2005.

RSI caused the band to take a break for a couple of years and cancel a UK tour, but Spyamp returned to play Manchesters 'In the City' and record a second session for BBC Scotland. This gig will mark the release of their second album.

Local support from INAME and MOLINEUX

Spyamp on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

iname on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

MOLINEUX on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Doors 9pm, entry tbc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose I'm a little bias because I'm friends with the guys in Spyamp but I have to say they're a superb band and well worth checking out! Anyone who likes Fugazi, Bluetip, Faraquet or any other Dischord-esk music will definitely enjoy Spyamp and they never disappoint live. They should have copies of their new 2nd album, Settlement for sale by the time these shows come round along with their excellent debut, GTi.

• 2 weeks later...

i enjoyed that

i only caught the end of molly nuxx's set but that last song was pretty interesting with all the fretboard tapping and whatnot, made me wish i turned up earlier

iname just keep improving to my ears, almost compelled me to purchase a wooly vest

spyamp were decent too, couldn't hear the vocals though, maybe why i enjoyed the instrumental number the best