aberdeen-music

Frightened Rabbit (Solo) plus support @ Snafu

Friday 15th May @ Snafu

Doors - 7.30pm / Curfew 10.30pm Early show!

Tickets : 6 (ONLY ON DOOR, limited - get down early)

14 plus

Live and acoustic music featuring the following

Frightened Rabbit (Solo)

A rare solo acoustic performance by lead singer Scott before the band retreat to the studio, to work on the follow up to their critically acclaimed album The Midnight Organ Fight. Expect the favourites from the bands previous two albums and maybe even a wee sneak preview of a roadtest of new material!

Frightened Rabbit on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

with support from:

Steven Milne (The Little Kicks)

THE LITTLE KICKS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Joseph Bull (Ten Easy Wishes)

10 Easy Wishes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I am still crying from your abuse that night.

Crying...inside...

However, three hours of jockrock reading while listening to Josef K, a trip to avalanche and a pint in stereo sorted me out - (apart from avalanche ive done literally none of these things - for a start i can barely read)

How early do you think one might have to head down?

Id say fairly early.

As its a fairly last minute gig, im just doing tickets on the door.

This is for various reasons, mainly because its so close and may not get them in time - my flat is a nightmare for deliveries - plus it keeps it pretty simple - no presale price / or jump up in on the door.

Mainly Im hoping it also encourages people to come down early and get settled - not flood in while the main act is on - pished folk at accoustic nights eh!

Plus itd be good to give snafu a good bar take for giving me the venue at such short notice (they have the mighty Slam on afterwards and have enough to do that night already!)

Scott will be on at either 9pm or 9.15pm.

Curfew is 10pm / venue clear 10.30pm.

I am still crying from your abuse that night.

Crying...inside...

However, three hours of jockrock reading while listening to Josef K, a trip to avalanche and a pint in stereo sorted me out - (apart from avalanche ive done literally none of these things - for a start i can barely read)

aye, forrest, to erase any confusion - this was taking the piss.

Could be a new board game, or top trumps with indie bands - folk trying out scottish indie each other! probably not be much fun tho.

aye, forrest, to erase any confusion - this was taking the piss.

Could be a new board game, or top trumps with indie bands - folk trying out scottish indie each other! probably not be much fun tho.

haha Thats the thing, You are the "Indie Prince" (well so Bones & Money say) so I thought it was for real :laughing:

-

I never went in the end, as I had a heap of reports to fill out, i'm a wee bit skint... and it was raining.

Saving myself for today's football and tomorrow's My Vitriol gig instead.

From the people I know that went, it was a great night. Glad it all went well :)

Just wished some folks near me would have shut up and listened rather than being stupid wasted little girls.

Yup, wanted to kick their cunt in and watch as they die from bleeding :)

Besides that, an amazing gig. great banter with the crowd too.

Yeah, this was well annoying. Thought the crowd were really discourteous during the supports, and to an extent, through Scott's set. A pity, since JJ and Steve were both on cracking form, I thought.

Ha ha. Im on crutches at the mo so they couldve probably kicked mine in if I had tried. If I could have I would have moved down closer to get away.

Dont understand paying 6 to stand at the bar and not turn your head once.

Agree with the comment on the support. Didnt get to see the first guy but thought Steven was brilliant, really nice voice. (songs were crazy long would be my only comment).

Yeah, this was well annoying. Thought the crowd were really discourteous during the supports, and to an extent, through Scott's set. A pity, since JJ and Steve were both on cracking form, I thought.

Partly the pain of a Fri or Sat acoustic show - tends to be one mate wants to go and others dont care but go with said mate and as a result dont give much of a fuck! Had the same sitaution with our I Am Kloot show. I got so irrate I had to leave.

People will no doubt say "we pay our money so we can talk if we like" - just dont understand that - dont go! Dont pay to spoil others enjoyment. Piss off somewhere else" Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Guest idol_wild
That was another reason I didn't go :up:

Likewise. I was dubious and I really wanted to see the supports too, but I knew it'd be a bad vibe with general cunts in attendance spoiling it for the people who wanted to listen and hear.

Part and parcel of seeing popular acts, I guess.

I've found myself going to less acoustic shows for that reason. Made an exception for the Balmoreah gig a few weeks ago, as I knew the clientele would be respectful.

The Craig B Aereogramme gig at Drakes is still the yardstick I use for audience behaviour. It was so respectful and quiet (despite being rammed), people felt really bad when they caughed (Craig Deadloss had the flu I think), people were turning off their mobile phones in fear of their ringtone, and I seem to remember Sharon even switched off some of the lights or fridges as they were making a slight buzzing noise.

Great gig (which you can still download on Saviours of the Underground).