aberdeen-music

Aberdeen/Glasgow barfly...?

jf9tp2wd40

What on earth is going on with barfly?

I'm a bit confused why aberdeen barfly isn't on Barfly , only just noticed this tonight!

and acording to Glasgow Barfly IS DEAD! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads glasgow barfly has closed, when on earth did this happen, i really liked glasgow barfly for a nice smaller venue in glasgow, and thought them selling ice poles behind the bar in summer was genious!

cheers for anyone that can help fill me in :up:

Glasgow shut about a month ago or something now. Wasn't making any money, suffered from it's location to an extent and the fact it was a horrible place to go.

We played Barfly Glasgow on a few occassions and was always a great gig, can only speak for our ourselves but our gigs were always well attended.

Far better than other venues we played down there, like Rockers or Ivory Blacks, they were total shit holes. I for one will miss the Barfly

Glasgow Barfly closed in February - we were supposed to be playing at the end of the month but heard some rumours and sure enough, it was toast.

Place had many problems - location being one of them. You don't really want to be down that part of town at night. There's also a glut of venues (the new Stereo, Captain's Rest etc) that have opened recently in more convenient locations so the club nights as well as the gigs had suffered as a result.

I suppose glasgow barfly's location wasn't perfect, but it was brilliant for traveling down to gigs due to having eurohostel basically next door, and a 24 hour subway across the road from that :D many a good night was had with the barfly-eurohostel-5am subway combo! The fact it was a bit of a shithole didn't bother me too much, i've been in a ot nastier, dingier venues!

I suppose glasgow barfly's location wasn't perfect, but it was brilliant for traveling down to gigs due to having eurohostel basically next door, and a 24 hour subway across the road from that :D many a good night was had with the barfly-eurohostel-5am subway combo! The fact it was a bit of a shithole didn't bother me too much, i've been in a ot nastier, dingier venues!

Agreed - for the travelling support it was a winner. But the locals avoided the place like the Swine flu as soon as somewhere popped up that was in the centre of town. And I know Barfly was technically the centre of town, but lazy fuckers like me always class it as on the periphery if you're coming in from the West End.

I know what you mean, my sister stays in the west end, and it is a fair walk from barfly! Walking from barfly to the GUU on my own on halloween at 2am was one of the scariest things ive ever done.

I feel safer walking around Glasgow than i do in Aberdeen.

PS. There is no Subway opposite the Euro Hostel. I live next next door and have never seen it.

I feel safer walking around Glasgow than i do in Aberdeen.

PS. There is no Subway opposite the Euro Hostel. I live next next door and have never seen it.

I have to agree with you on this.

I didn't think Barfly was totally 'out of the way'. Yes, if you were wanting a taxi, I guess it could be, but Central Station isn't so far away.

Also, I think the Subway he might be talking about is the one on Union Street.

I have to agree with you on this.

I didn't think Barfly was totally 'out of the way'. Yes, if you were wanting a taxi, I guess it could be, but Central Station isn't so far away.

Also, I think the Subway he might be talking about is the one on Union Street.

Union St is in Aberdeen, they're talking about Barfly in Glasgow