aberdeen-music

Gig dates in thread titles

Seems the question was asked here also, but not really answered.

Sorry for any duplication anyway.

I always enter the date, but sometimes it is removed. Any explanation?

----------

Chris - I never touch the dates, can't think of a reason why any of us would either as it's much better for figuring out what's on at a glance if the dates are there.

Looking at a couple of threads it appears that Neil is the culprit, so I'll leave it up to him to say why he does it. Sure there's bound to be a reason for it.

Guest idol_wild

And also, is there anyway the Calendar can automatically lift a listed event from the Gigs & Events section and display it without us, essentially, having to post the gig on two seperate occassions?

That would be very useful.

Seems the question was asked here also, but not really answered.

Sorry for any duplication anyway.

I always enter the date, but sometimes it is removed. Any explanation?

----------

Chris - I never touch the dates, can't think of a reason why any of us would either as it's much better for figuring out what's on at a glance if the dates are there.

Looking at a couple of threads it appears that Neil is the culprit, so I'll leave it up to him to say why he does it. Sure there's bound to be a reason for it.

Thanks Chris - over to you Neil...

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted an event with full date and line up which got reverted to just - Adventures in Stereo @ Moshulu - which is utterly useless for promoting the fact that its a one off event with guests on a set date!

is there a reason all the info gets removed?

its kinda annoying because now nobody will read it - it just looks like any other weeks thread!

This is on my rather long To-Do list at the moment. I'm trying to get the link between the calendar and the event forum put back in place so an event just needs posted in the calendar. This then ensure the title of the events is the forum is consistent.

This is on my rather long To-Do list at the moment. I'm trying to get the link between the calendar and the event forum put back in place so an event just needs posted in the calendar. This then ensure the title of the events is the forum is consistent.

Doesn't really answer the question why info is being removed from some thread titles upon moderator approval.

...and it's nothing to do with number of characters.