aberdeen-music

Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton

Hog

Just watched it on Youtube. Fucking brutal.

Hatton looked terrible, and all his talk about improved head movement and defence, was just that....talk. He was sooo easy to hit, and probably good that he was knocked out otherwise he was going to get pummelled for the distance.

He should just give up now.....great career, but he's just not in the same league as the guys he's wanting to fight these days.

Bring on Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

Just up, having got it on box office and watched it.

First things first - what the fuck were the TV people doing?

Had the camera on hatton the whole time he was struggling to even breath. I thought he was properly mongoloided at the time..and then they go and film his bird and mother who are obviously distraught and worried for his life....not cool.

Second things second -

what the fuck wss hatton doing? He just charged in and went mad...fool. Didn't seem prepared to fight a southpaw. Left himself totally open to pacman.

That aside - Pacman is a total legend, immense, unstopable. Not only his he one of the best boxers ever, he seems to be a total gent aswell.

I hope he destroys mayweather jnr.

Bit of a mismatch in the end. Career over for Hatton?

I don't think he should fight again. I think he's perfectly capable of winning titles at light-welter; but he doesn't need to. He's fought 47 times; lost only twice to the best boxers in the world at the time. Nothing to prove. He's rich, has a smokin fiance, has a kid, and has the framework to go ahead and build his gym - no need to box.

I don't think he should fight again. I think he's perfectly capable of winning titles at light-welter; but he doesn't need to. He's fought 47 times; lost only twice to the best boxers in the world at the time. Nothing to prove. He's rich, has a smokin fiance, has a kid, and has the framework to go ahead and build his gym - no need to box.

Yeah, but that's common sense talking which unfortunately rarely applies to boxers reaching the end of their careers.

He's got a huge army of fans, and absolutely laps up this "man of the people" image he's created for himself....wouldn't be surprised if he tries to keep going. His biggest problem if he keeps fighting is that his days of headlining Vegas shows are over, and I doubt he'll fancy going backwards and beating up average opponenets in the MEN all over again. Overall he's been a massive flop in the States....Malignaggi was the only guy he's dominated and he's a powder punching lightweight who was fighting with a broken hand. He should have lost on points against Collazo, and was owned by Mayweather and Pacquiao.

There's nobody left to fight in the 140lb division that's any good. All the big fights are at 147lb.....Margarito, Cotto, Mosely etc....and Hatton's already been found to be out of his depth at welter.

Retire.

Ricky looked OK at the start but after that first knock down he looked dazed and just stumbled his way through the rest of the round. It looked to me that he realised he was going to have to attack more in the second, and came out swinging but Pacquaio was just too fast for him - he couldn't land a proper punch on him and he couldn't avoid Pacquaio's fists. That knockout punch was a fucking blinder, nobody was getting up from that.

The link above has been removed, here's another one.

YouTube - Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton

Why didn't Ricky Hattons advisors, coaches etc say, Look Ricky this boy is gonna kill you, he's the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and your a fanny these days? There is no way he should have been in that ring with Paquiao, it was as mis-matched as when I batter the wife.

Mayweather snr's interview after the fight said everything, he pretty much said Ricky needed to retire as he wasn't good enough anymore, and it took a public humiliation and a battering for him to figure that out? This is meant to be one of the best coaches in the World, and he couldn't determine how good a fighter Ricky was with 12 weeks of training and sparring, thats just Bullshit in my opinion!

I feel sorry for Hatton, I like the guy a lot, he was a great fighter and an Ambassador for the UK, he didn't deserve to have his career ended this way!

Why didn't Ricky Hattons advisors, coaches etc say, Look Ricky this boy is gonna kill you, he's the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and your a fanny these days? There is no way he should have been in that ring with Paquiao, it was as mis-matched as when I batter the wife.

Mayweather snr's interview after the fight said everything, he pretty much said Ricky needed to retire as he wasn't good enough anymore, and it took a public humiliation and a battering for him to figure that out? This is meant to be one of the best coaches in the World, and he couldn't determine how good a fighter Ricky was with 12 weeks of training and sparring, thats just Bullshit in my opinion!

I feel sorry for Hatton, I like the guy a lot, he was a great fighter and an Ambassador for the UK, he didn't deserve to have his career ended this way!

to be fair he may of been saying this to hatton all along and he didnt want to listen, there were quite a few problems in the camp before the fight without any of them revealing what was said, maybe he told him to give up and he wasnt good enough.

This is all hattons doing, he must have known he wasnt up to the level Mayweather and Paquiao before he decided to fight them, although the lack of defense he put up at the weekend maybe suggested he thought he was a lot better than he was.

He'll probably drop a weight division and carry on pummelling people there.

There's no way he'll drop a weight.

He was fighting Pacquiao at light-welter which, but for a couple of fights against Collazo and Mayweather, is where he's fought his entire career.

He's huge for a light-welter anyway, and especially with his lifestyle outside the ring, I just don't think he could make lightweight in a million years.

to be fair he may of been saying this to hatton all along and he didnt want to listen, there were quite a few problems in the camp before the fight without any of them revealing what was said, maybe he told him to give up and he wasnt good enough.

This is all hattons doing, he must have known he wasnt up to the level Mayweather and Paquiao before he decided to fight them, although the lack of defense he put up at the weekend maybe suggested he thought he was a lot better than he was.

Don't agree.

I think he totally believed he could beat Pacquiao, and partly with good reason.

Pacquiao has been beaten 3 times...all by smaller men than Hatton.....Hatton had never been beaten at light-welter and has bullied just about everyone at that weight, including Kostya Tszyu who was one of the pound-for-pound best in the world at the time. Obviously the reality was completely different, but I think Hatton had every right to feel confident.

Personally, I fancied Pacquiao for a decision based on his engine and the angles he throws punches from, but at Hatton's preferred weight I thought it be close and at least go the distance.

Don't agree.

I think he totally believed he could beat Pacquiao, and partly with good reason.

Pacquiao has been beaten 3 times...all by smaller men than Hatton.....Hatton had never been beaten at light-welter and has bullied just about everyone at that weight, including Kostya Tszyu who was one of the pound-for-pound best in the world at the time. Obviously the reality was completely different, but I think Hatton had every right to feel confident.

Personally, I fancied Pacquiao for a decision based on his engine and the angles he throws punches from, but at Hatton's preferred weight I thought it be close and at least go the distance.

yeah maybe with Pacquiao your right, but with mayweather he should have been advised better, he never stood a chance and anyone involved with boxing on a decent level knew this.

yeah maybe with Pacquiao your right, but with mayweather he should have been advised better, he never stood a chance and anyone involved with boxing on a decent level knew this.

At the time of the Mayweather fight, Hatton was unbeaten and had some very good names on his record. A lot of experts reckoned that Hatton could give Mayweather a much tougher time than some of his earlier opponents had. He had had beaten everyone worth talking about at light welter, so no trainer in the world was going to convince Hatton that he couldn't be competitive against Mayweather. For me, it was a perfectly valid fight for him to take, and he actually did OK in the early rounds. He was far more deserving of a shot than some of the bums that Mayweather had been fighting.....the Arturo Gatti fight for example was a fucking joke.

Let's face it, if Mayweather spent his whole career only fighting opponents in his class, he'd only have about 3 fights on his record.

Mayweather against Pacquiao would be absolute dynamite.