aberdeen-music

A Guy Called Guy

Huw

Guest idol_wild

The vocals aren't really up my street in general terms, but in spells, I think they compliment the instrumentation quite well.

Loving the dynamics evident even via just one guitar.

I dig.

The vocals aren't really up my street in general terms, but in spells, I think they compliment the instrumentation quite well.

Loving the dynamics evident even via just one guitar.

I dig.

Yeah, like i say, it was dead tough getting that balance. I wish i was an awesome singer so i could dial in some super neat hooks, but we just gotta work with what we've got. Hard to tick all the boxes. Entirely understandable why some folks may not like it though.

Yeah the guitar playing is good, Ross has got the dynamics pretty sussed. Just one channel on his amp as well, no boosts or cuts or anything.

Guest idol_wild
Yeah, like i say, it was dead tough getting that balance. I wish i was an awesome singer so i could dial in some super neat hooks, but we just gotta work with what we've got. Hard to tick all the boxes. Entirely understandable why some folks may not like it though.

Yeah the guitar playing is good, Ross has got the dynamics pretty sussed. Just one channel on his amp as well, no boosts or cuts or anything.

I think you work with what you've got pretty well, really. Like I said, there are moments when the vocals work completely - on other moments I ignore them and prefer to focus on the instrumentation.

Very much looking forward to seeing it in a live capacity. Get it done! :)

I'm glad something like this has finally surfaced in Aberdeen.

I think you work with what you've got pretty well, really. Like I said, there are moments when the vocals work completely - on other moments I ignore them and prefer to focus on the instrumentation.

Very much looking forward to seeing it in a live capacity. Get it done! :)

I'm glad something like this has finally surfaced in Aberdeen.

I agree with all of this.

Huw will print this out and frame it for his bedroom wall.

i wish i could say that wasn't true, although when SYE were up Toby kissed my gf. UNCOOL! if he wasn't a hero i'd have booted him in the crotch.

edit:friendly cheek kiss not full on m2m.

Guest idol_wild
i wish i could say that wasn't true, although when sye were up toby kissed my gf. Uncool! If he wasn't a hero i'd have booted him in the crotch.

Edit:friendly cheek kiss not full on m2m.

Kick his ass, Seabass.

i wish i could say that wasn't true, although when SYE were up Toby kissed my gf. UNCOOL! if he wasn't a hero i'd have booted him in the crotch.

:laughing:

An appearance from the po-leese, reduced volume Frenchmen and a legend with a beard trying to get in about yr lady - you should put on more gigs.

Means you have the same taste in women? This could be seen as a good thing?

I'd agree with the MMISL comparison vocal-wise, especially in the first song.

Looking forward to gigs!

only echoing what other people have already said, i really like this. the bit in 'one' where you get all aggressive and shouty is ace. somewhere halfway through the song, i seem to remember. anyway, well done. look forward to the gigs!

thanks guys!

Sounds pretty good man. I listened to all three tunes last night.

Drums take a bit of a back seat in the mix, but some nice intertwined guitar and bass work.

thanks dan! yeah, the drums being that quiet isn't intentional. unfortunately the guitar and drums were all on the same track because we did it live so i couldn't adjust those levels as i wanted to.

hopefully we'll get these recordings done to a better standard and everything will become much clearer!

EDIT:recording is a goer. will be doing it in a couple of weeks over 2 days. dead excited.

Lemuria on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cool punky powerpop that might owe something to the likes of Superchunk, Discount, Jawbreaker and the like.

great band. sad we can't play Glasgow the next night :down: just wasn't feasible with work and travel times. did you find a support?

Matt from COTC (also playing this show) is recording us on monday and tuesday this coming week which is awesome!