aberdeen-music

Police vs Chinese restaurants.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I was walking up Crown Street about 2 hours ago and there was like 8 coppers, including undercover guys, steaming into the Shanghai. Didn't see what was going on but they were getting ID from the drivers. Then

when i was walking back down Crown St just now, the same coppers have surrounded Wok Wok. Shanghai is closed, and The Royal China a bit further down is closed as well! Plus there's a guy standing outside the Golden Crown screaming at the cops! So maybe it's next. WTF is going on?!

Wirelessly posted (Vodafone/1.0/SEX1i/R1AA Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/2141; U; UK) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Yup, sounds like a classic immigration check.

HMRC also often tag along too, in case evidence of tax/vat fraud etc turns

I find Wok Wok's food really bland.

aye, i'm not sold on it either. it's great that they're cooked healthily and everything but it lacks a little flavour and can be pretty dry. also, if you're having a takeaway you don't really care if it's healthy.

i'd be pretty upset if royal china in culter closed. mmm.

Panda valley in rosemount, can only comment on their lemon chicken as its the bomb,

and if your in on a sat when its busy, they have this chinese woman on the desk who doesnt understand any english exept the things on the menu, you can ask her anything else, will not have a clue,

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Eagle May in the Hardgate does it for me, or failing that, the Ascot on Holburn Street. If i'm lazy or drunk i go to the Shanghai since it's about 100 metres from my flat. My flatmate actually got his delivered once from Wok Wok, which is also about 100 metres from our flat.

Eagle May in the Hardgate does it for me, or failing that, the Ascot on Holburn Street. If i'm lazy or drunk i go to the Shanghai since it's about 100 metres from my flat. My flatmate actually got his delivered once from Wok Wok, which is also about 100 metres from our flat.

I had a takeaway from Shanghai once and it was really good but I can't be bothered to go and get a menu from them and order again...and yeah, it's about a 2 minute walk from my flat :S Takeaways make me lazy, I know you can collect them but the whole point is not having to move!

Yeah, I saw that happening as well. Thought it must be something to do with immigration checks. Thank goodness Wok Wok is still open. It would make me sad if they shut, the food is well fine in there.

I'm boycoting Wok Wok after their terrible customer service, being a customer of many years +4 least, after spending around 30 on a meal I was corrected (for my misuse of Plum sauce - I called it Ho Sin) then accused of lying that I never received it!! I was asking for our sauce and she was arguing back with me that she gave it to me, (why phone if I had it?) to the point my boyf at the time grabbed the phone off me and then went up....we had to pay Shanghai for our duck sauce!!! RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Thats all beside my flat...China Town no mowa :(

Jade (bottom of Clifton Road) do a mean Smoked Chicken starter (like Saigon's Smoked Corn Chicken but redder and stickier mmmmmm)

(just realise dthis was on 2 pages!)

Not really keen on Eaglemay or Ascot, Shanghai is right across from me so handy for a quick takeaway when lazy. Had delivery from wok wok before...thats what it's there for ha ha

I'm boycoting Wok Wok after their terrible customer service, being a customer of many years +4 least, after spending around 30 on a meal I was corrected (for my misuse of Plum sauce - I called it Ho Sin) then accused of lying that I never received it!! I was asking for our sauce and she was arguing back with me that she gave it to me, (why phone if I had it?) to the point my boyf at the time grabbed the phone off me and then went up....we had to pay Shanghai for our duck sauce!!! RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Thats all beside my flat...China Town no mowa :(

Jade (bottom of Clifton Road) do a mean Smoked Chicken starter (like Saigon's Smoked Corn Chicken but redder and stickier mmmmmm)

Did your boyf not give them a seeing to?? tut tut and did you pay it?? if he was a gent he should have paid!!!! lol

I havent been to wok wok in about 5 years. I saw a pretty terrible health report on them where they got some "improvement proposals"!! I won't say any more