aberdeen-music

Mastodon? Clutch? Down?

medichi

Argh - all playing the 'weeg within a few days/weeks of each other - but these 3 plus Polar Bear Club - and I can only go to 2 - BUT WHICH 2?!?!?!

I had a listen to the new Mastodon on Spotify the other day. it's better than the last one. Most of it's alright if you just take it for what it is - hairy Atlantians playing metal. You should just go and see them for Brann's drumming. paradiddlediddlediddlediddle

Clutch are deffo one of them now - stuck on the S/T and Bad News I simply confirmed it - pretty much best band in the world. And it's at Tuts!

Down - indeed brilliant, and great when I saw them at the ABC, but won't bring any support (probably) and have seen them most recently of anyone.

Mastodon - Never seen, love all the albums, new one is a belter - but not sure how it'll work live.

Polar Bear Club - Very cool right now, but genuinely good band, supported by the equally great Defeater.

I suspect I'm dropping Down (reluctantly) and choosing between PCB and Mastodon.....

Down - indeed brilliant, and great when I saw them at the ABC, but won't bring any support (probably) and have seen them most recently of anyone.

They are bringing support this time, the whole Evening With Down.... thing has ran it's course. The amazing Saint Vitus are support this time round.

:up:

Has to be Clutch and Down, without a doubt.

Decision made: Clutch and Mastodon.

Seen Down before (very good) and loving the recent Mastodon record.

Sorry to be missing Polar Bear Club, but it would be full of thoses cunts with the sideways haircuts that "mosh" by having what appears to be a nervous tick and then checking their fucking hair every 15 seconds, before updating their facebook page on their mobiles. I very nearly killed someone at Cancer Bats the other night.......

Decision made: Clutch and Mastodon.

Seen Down before (very good) and loving the recent Mastodon record.

Sorry to be missing Polar Bear Club, but it would be full of thoses cunts with the sideways haircuts that "mosh" by having what appears to be a nervous tick and then checking their fucking hair every 15 seconds, before updating their facebook page on their mobiles. I very nearly killed someone at Cancer Bats the other night.......

I would have made the same choice min nae really into down or Pbc. Have to hear. We Mastodon.

medichi what do you like about the new mastodon ablum with respect to their previous efforts?

Umm, it's ace. I liked Blood Mountain, but they hadn't committed enough to the prog element, and not stepped away from the heaviness of Leviathan (which I also loved). The new one is really absorbing, heavy enough and with just enough accessibility. Excellent album.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh aye. Going down on the Megabus then back up on the 5:55am train tomorrow morning, yeeeeehaaaaw.

Should be a pretty tasty show. Judging from previous dates on the tour, it looks like they'll be playing Crack The Skye all the way through and then a bunch of stuff from BM/Leviathan/Remission. Looking forward to Down/Vitus next week, too.

Who the fuck are Valient Thorr, though?