aberdeen-music

1990s trainers

Lemonade

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
There was a rumour going round my school that if you tightened up your Discs too tight, the wire inside would snap and you had to send them back to Puma to get it replaced at a cost of 80. Probably lies, but nobody at my school bought Discs after hearing it.

I would say lies. My mum would never have paid as much as 80 for a pair of trainers so there's no way a bit of wire inside was 80's worth!!

I vaguely remember those Quesers. Laudrup wore Patricks and, being Danish, probably Hummel clothes. Whatever happened to Hummel?

I remember Lineker endorsing some stupid ball on a lead contraption called kickmaster. You kicked it and it magically came back. I remember thinking... hmm kicking the ball against a wall would be better. When a toy is no better than a wall, you know it's shit.

Must have items of clothing from my era included Helly Hansen jackets, Elesse jumpers, any type of 'poppers' except Active (2 stripes does not a cool kid make) and Adidas sambas which later gave way to shell toes. The minkers wore those "Eclipse" bomber jackets.

...what was this thread all about again?

the kappa trackies made their appearance during the 90s.....

i had a kappa jacket :| and a pair of adidas poppers, and my trainers were probably hi tecs. and waaaayyy too many football strips to bear thinking about. im sure i had a green nevica, but i really hope i didnt.

thankfully by 1998 these were replaced by hoodies and DCs

Thankfully? DC shoes might as well be made out of toilet paper and bluetac. I've never had a pair last more than 6 months. Shoddy.

I had a full Kappa tracksuit in the mid to late 90's, but this was fully acceptable, as it was a Juventus tracksuit. I'd look like a royal clown in it now though