aberdeen-music

New Cobra Kai EP in One-Up

Lemonade

Hi all,

For those of you who enjoyed our first EP, you can now get our second EP in One-Up.

It's called "Some Thoughts Concerning Education", it costs 3 and it looks like this:

front-1.jpg

Tracks on this CD are:

1 - Child

2 - Plastic Smile

3 - Head Echoes

4 - Pannetone for Bass (instrumental)

You can hear some of the tracks at Cobra Kai - new EP 27-04-09 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cheers

Lucky off of Cobra Kai

I've never listened to you guys apart from a few early demos you stuck up (early last year?), but this is really good.

Aye. I stuck up some half written, home recorded demos last year to gauge interest. Everybody hated them. I took the huff for a good 6 months. :laughing: Glad you've taken the time to listen again. We've got a lot better since then.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I've never listened to you guys apart from a few early demos you stuck up (early last year?), but this is really good.

The first EP (imo) is better than this one, so you should give that a whirl too!

The first EP (imo) is better than this one, so you should give that a whirl too!

Whilst I like the first one, the new EP has more diverse songs in terms of keys, tempos, etc. The CD hangs together a bit better too, i.e. with the track order and that. Plus it's got me having a wank on track 4.

Whilst I like the first one, the new EP has more diverse songs in terms of keys, tempos, etc. The CD hangs together a bit better too, i.e. with the track order and that.

As the boy says. I am happier with the production on the first one, (the guitars sound ACE) and while I'm awful proud of the first EP all 3 songs on it, are played in 4/4 and in D. The new one has 4 songs in different keys and a variety of tempos, one song in 3/4 and an instrumental etc.

Plus it's got me having a wank on track 4.

And also on tracks 1, 2 and 3.

To be fair, I haven't given the new one a chance to grow on me at all (I haven't even bought it yet - just listened online...).

But I was taken aback the first time I listened to The Perfect Plan, absolutely love Sins of the Flesh. I guess since I already know Cobra Kai before listening to the second set of tunes means I won't get the same impact if you know what I mean.

I'll go and buy the CD and give it a few proper listens, then come back and tell you it's pish ;)

(I do actually like the new stuff by the way - just preferred the first batch of tunes...)

As the boy says. I am happier with the production on the first one, (the guitars sound ACE) and while I'm awful proud of the first EP all 3 songs on it, are played in 4/4 and in D. The new one has 4 songs in different keys and a variety of tempos, one song in 3/4 and an instrumental etc.

And also on tracks 1, 2 and 3.

A quick one off the wrist on track 3, granted, but I'm having a wee lie down on the other two.

I listened to Child properly the other day, but then had to go out and haven't got round to the rest of the EP yet.

My comments above are retracted.

Child is a magic song, easily as good as the tracks on the first EP. I'm looking forward to sitting down and properly listening to the rest of the EP!

Nice one lads :up: